Tyre size question

Looking at a set of alloys for my bro's old gold.

Have found these. I'm concerned about the tyre size. Can't seem to find any on mytyres or blackcircles.

Should I avoid, or can I put different size on?

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

link?

Reply to
Homer

Gold what?

A link may have been handy.

You can probably put different sizes on, hard to tell with what you have given us.

Reply to
Depresion

those are TRX metric wheels. You need TRX sized metric tyres. Normal ones don't fit properly.

There are some still availble but they are pricey. There was a thing on=20 it in one of the old retro cars articles when they had the CX Turbo=20 starship.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Oops you are right, one of the reasonds I have a set of Jag wheels with good rubber sitting round as they were metric and getting a 2nd hand set of alloys with tyres was cheaper than getting new tyres.

Reply to
Depresion

In news:46a921e6$0$1609$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Depresion wittered on forthwith;

Certain cars really suit metric rims though.

Mk2 Granadas should be on metrics as they're so much better on TRX rims than on the 14"s that cheapskates used to fit to them. Drive better, handle better, ride better and look better on TRXs.

Some of the metric rims on E28s look brilliant as well.

The world will always be full of cheapskates though.

Reply to
Pete M

they're metrics - WALK AWAY!!!

Reply to