uk.people.consumers.ebay

Just sold the 'old' van on ebay, and happily said I'd take PayPal for it,

> providing the buyer stumped up the 2.9% fee on top (as I'm a kindhearted > chap I offered to swallow the cost of the 20p flat fee myself), and the > winning bidder wants to pay on paypal (using credit card).

Ask in one of the ebay groups for answers concerning this type of problem. I doubt you will get away with adding a paypal surcharge on top - that's normally for you to pay out of the amount taken from the winning bidder. Get the winner to pay by bank transfer instead. He just goes in to his bank and arranges it. Far easier. Then don't let him have the vehicle until you have checked payment is through.

Reply to
Mal

Well yes, I understand that bit, but at the end of the day I made it perfectly clear what the deal was in the auction, and the winning bidder doesn't have an issue with that, so that's not the problem.

Well, he wants to pay on a credit card, as presumably he doesn't have all the funds to hand. Or it could be something dodgy, who knows. But it's looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be wanting to use paypal anyway....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Can he write you a credit card cheque? Most cards come with them, there=20 is a fee for using them, but normally it is 2% or max =A335. He might=20 actually be better off doing that.

Or he could arrange to transfer money from his credit card to a bank=20 account (balance transfer). He would need your bank details. But he=20 would need that for a bank to bank transfer anyway.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

He's looking into getting a cheque issued - he's not the brightest spark and wasn't aware that that was possible.....

But this transfer from credit card to bank account - I'm guessing that's basically treated as a cash advance, right?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep, same as a credit card cheque, either as a cash advance or balance transfer.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2