uk.rec.cars.* meet?

I keep hearing this popping up on the various groups. Is there anyone really interested in doing this?

What sort of stuff would you guys want it to include, and where would it be held. I guess a fairly central UK location to make travelling distances reasonable for all, and perhaps rent a disused airfield or something for performance tests etc?

If there's enough interest and we can agree on a location I would be willing to _share_ the organising.

-- The Dervboy

Reply-to address is valid as required by my news server, but is a spam box and is never read. My real e-mail address is thedervboy{at}btopenglobe{dot}com (substituting "globe" with "world").

Reply to
DervBoy

I've got an AC22 performance meter...

I'm up for it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm willing to bring along my Bowler Wildcat 200, depending on location (I trailer it)

Clive

Reply to
Clive

No, is the short answer to that.

Tried it all before, and everyone hides behind their keyboards.

On an individual basis, I have met some people off the ng's, and am now married to one.

Reply to
JR

Well up for it, can we have a Wildcat Vs FP 900 race please ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Same here, met mine on ICQ 4 years ago, now happily married

Clive

Reply to
Clive

Given that Mallory Park is about 15 miles from the geographical centre of Great Britain, I vote for there.

The fact I live about 13 miles from Mallory is purely coincidental.

Reply to
Grant Mason

oooh - is that the V8 petrol???

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah, only a 300 mile drive for me....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Brighton! I Live in Glasgow! I thought somewhere 'central' in the UK. Manchester?

I ain't towing my Wildcat 900 miles Clive

Reply to
Clive

Seems pretty OK to me, reasonable taste in cars, no taste in 4x4s, nice taste in home locations.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

nice...

Use it much???

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Manchester sounds good to me, but I wonder how much to hire York Drag Strip...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aye why not, as long as its near me, i vote York, or a smidge further north, but after sept 13th i think it should be in the midlands - very near Lincoln :)

Reply to
Dan405

Just been looking at the Javelin Motorsports site.....

Wonder how much it costs to hire Binbrook for the day? - their standard charge for an airfield day is £85 - bit of a bargain, IMHO.

Could be the ideal place.....

Reply to
SteveH

I'm up for it.

I met my missus in a chat room... :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

My commiserations

Reply to
JR

It won't be raced until next year and with helmets on the noise is ok. But on the road it's a tad noisey to drive a long distance. Also tyre wear on roads.

Clive

Reply to
Clive

Why?

Reply to
Jamesy

yep, like sheffield with the good bits taken out.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp