ultimate estate car!

In news:42e80273$0$12930$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'd prefer an E34 M5 Touring, or ideally an E55 AMG Estate.

Reply to
Pete M

As someone who knows diddly squat about quick jap motors - could someone tell me how many BHP that's kicking out? I saw use of the word "boost" mentioned somewhere in the Q+A section, but at the top all it says is 2600cc

6-cylinder petrol. It mentioned what type of engine it is, but it means nowt to me....
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nah, that would be

the early version was a Capri, but the later one used the back end of a Scimitar GT/E (the GT/E was an Estate) only about 850 horses, but enough with a fibreglass body.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've been trying to talk my wife into a Stagea. I've been in an R33 GTS-t all week while my WRX is in getting a new flywheel and clutch. I forgot how nice the Skylines are to drive. Picked up the flywheel today. 4.7 kg chrome moly job. Talk about light. Can't wait to drive the car with it in.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Bog standard GTR motor is about 220kw. Or 330 hp. A GTR which is a bit lighter will do 0-100kph in sub 5s. I imagine the Autech Stagea with a few tickles would do a flat five. Not bad for carting the kids to school in.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I nearly bought a Mitsubishi Sigma estate instead of my Merc 300TE. £2500 and modded to 450bhp.

Until I phoned the insurance company. £1950 fully comp. And the Merc was £340.

Needless to say I bought the Merc.

David

Reply to
David Lane