Unfortunate Greddy reflashing incident

A collegue of mine has a turbo'd MX5 and he's running a Greddy e-Manage Blue fuel management system. It was all set up and running and he drove to work on the morning. He downloaded a new map for it and decided to reflash it at lunchtime from his laptop.

The laptop has a really, really crappy battery... It died while doing the reflash, and the car wouldn't start due to the corrupt map it was now trying to use. He had to push the car through the car park (he's on a huge site) to underneath the window of the office where he works, dangle the power cable for the laptop out of the window, connect it up and flash the Greddy box again.

I'm not making this up...

Reply to
Abo

Haha!!! Classic story!

Reply to
fishman

I use e-manage alot. I've fitted loads of them too. If he is doing anything extensive tell him to get the ultimate its alot better. Several times however whilst playing I have accidentally done stuff like killed the ignition etc and had to roll to a stop before sorting it all out lol.

They are good devices, but I spend half my time fixing the mapping done by others. lol

Reply to
Ed