The Vitesse is MOT'd and on the road.

Woo.

That is all :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Woo indeed. Had any decent fun yet?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

So did you leave a big black number 11 out of the MOT bay?

Reply to
Elder

Good man. I await pics.

Reply to
Pete M

Its a Rover - that'll be a big black number 1...

;-)

Reply to
Conor

Still putting it back together, but looking ok from the outside (from a distance!)

Carl Gibbs

Good drive home across the New Forest, but havent had chance to use it again yet as still had some bits to bolt back on and sort out. Should be out this weekend :D

Carl Gibbs

You're suprisingly accurate. The Chimp does the 11s ;)

Carl Gibbs

Well done.

Modification work done this month:

Drilled and slotted disks fitted to one car (and a complete front-end rebuild including new bearings, brake callipers). And a pair of chrome sidesteps fitted to another. It is now pimp-tastic.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I went through a period of my youth where I had a string of SD1s - partly because in 1988 at the age of 17 you could afford to insure and run a 3.5V8 and they were as cheap as chips to buy. Loved them, despite their shortcomings.

Reply to
Conor

Pimping indeed!

To date the mods to the SD1 are:

Stainless steel exhaust Leda front struts with uprated springs Gaz rear dampers and conventional springs (originally Nivomats) Almost fully polybushed suspension (Watts linkage not yet done) Polybushed gearbox remote Polybushed gearbox buffer mount Momo steering wheel FSE fuel pressure regulator and pressure gauge Single plenum conversion (easier to maintain, but will hopefully return to twin plenum soon) Goodridge brake hoses all round

Exactly the spec I wanted, and it's turned out rather good. Just a few more tweaks to make and then it'll probably be up for sale in the summer so I can concentrate on the TVR instead.

Carl Gibbs