VAG TDI remapping

Just got back from Jabbasport, where they remapped my Skoda Superb

1.9TDI PD130. Now running at 193BHP and 311lbs/ft torque at about 2800rpm. If anyone's got a VAG TDI engine, I'd highly recommend a remap: it goes like a train now and because the torque comes in so low, you don't need to change down to pass just about anything on the motorway. Magic. Also improved mpg, got 44mpg on the way down from Manchester, and 50 on the way back...dyno plot at
for anyone interested... ric
Reply to
Ric

I bet it doesn't have the some of freedom that you get with train travel though. Can you fall asleep whilst travelling at over 100mph and still arrive at your destination safely? Or read a book the whole way?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

lol

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

I can guarantee I can get a seat though, and it tends to get there on time more often... ric

Reply to
Ric

That's cool, what's it done to your insurance, out of interest?

Reply to
conkersack

193 bhp?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Doubt it, not from a 130 PD anyhow.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Hmmmmm.

Utter bollocks, I'm afraid.

Did they give you a 'before' and 'after' print? - I'd be interested to see the comparison.

Their wheel to crank calculation looks wildly optimistic, too.

Reply to
SteveH

The answer to those questions is:

"Just like a train, yes, unless you are the driver."

Reply to
Depresion

I was at Jabba on Friday having one of there ARBs fitted. Was the dodge outside?

Reply to
Depresion

Most chipped 130s are in the 170-180 range, the 160s will just hit 200 ish.

Reply to
Depresion

ah the joys of modern tdi tuning upsets Steve again :)

very nice

my Tdi 110 puts out a nadgers over 140 bhp with remap only, bit more boost a free flow exhaust and a new intercooler should see that into the high

160's then we need some new injectors :)
Reply to
Rob

look, you monkey: it's on the bloody dynoplot linked to above FFS.

christ, you can't keep some armchair pundits happy, can you, even with a callibrated printout from the most reputable VAG tuners there are. still, easy to doubt over the internet, isn't it.

Reply to
Ric

didn't see a dodge: some tasty a3s, couple of fabias and the loopy jabba

330bhp 1.8T with the IHI turbo that's for sale. what time were you there and what were you driving? might have seen you...
Reply to
Ric

see dyno plot. you may doubt, i've seen it on the rollers, driven it on the roads and have got it on the printout

Reply to
Ric

good, innit! it's like cheating: in the old days my mk2 golf valver took 800 quid or so in tuning (full stainless system, induction, etc) to give a mighty 10-12bhp gain....

Reply to
Ric

Which line is before and which line is after, then?

How much do they reckon you're losing between the crank and the wheels?

It's obviously bollocks on so many levels, but if it makes you happy, they've done what you paid them to do.

Reply to
SteveH

A dyno isn't guaranteed to be accurate, in fact, you could say that it was in their interests for it to be more than slightly optimistic.

Unless you have a printout from the car before the work was done, and know they hadn't played about with the dyno between runs, the quoted power isn't worth the paper it's written on......

You may want to read a few 'tuning' magazines - quite often someone turns up claiming '150 bhp at the wheels, mate', whilst waving a dyno print, only to find that, on an independent test, the power is several tens of bhp down on the figure from the 'tuners'.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd rather see that on a different dyno,

Too many companies are quite happy to have their rollers over read. especially when their main buisiness is chip tuning.

makes them look so much better when you get that 50/60 bhp gain

our remap gave a stonking 31 bhp increase which is believable as i have seen before and afters.

Reply to
Rob

A little after lunchtime, in my Ibiza FR 130TDi. They do go well. ;)

Reply to
Depresion