Vamp what do you think of this?

I'm after a new car that I can renovate and modify myself, question is... am i going in at the deep end if I where to buy this, because mr2's pretty much have everything at the rear end right? So if it needs "welding at the rear archs" doesnt that suggest it is fooked?

Reply to
REMUS

The respray looks like it was done by Ray Charles

Reply to
ronny

yeah well anything i buy will be re-sprayed black eventually, so i dont mind what the current weird colour is. I'm trying to find some body kits for it but I can't seem to find any attractive ones.

Reply to
REMUS

A decent respray costs BIG money - just buy a black car in the first place !!!!

Reply to
Nom

I know how much a spray job costs, but I have my own sprayer plus access to a profession sprayer with a oven thingy to set the paint properly

Reply to
REMUS

a decent respray costs f*ck all if you know what your doing....

especially in just a plain colour.

i pay £400 if i supply my own paint for top notch work.

Reply to
Mason

Depends really, if you want a landrover doing it will cost about £1.2k because to do a proper job you need around 3 coats along with the labour involved prepareing the car.

Now if you do what I do which is prepare the car put a base coat on myself and then ask them to blow it over and bake it, that only costs me £180. And about £70 if I do it myself but there is the very real posibility that I will f*ck up spraying it especially in this cold weather now, plus they have a much higher quality sprayer and skilled operator.

Reply to
REMUS