Vectra GSi won't start in the rain

Hi

My friends Vectra GSi V6 won't start after it's been standing in the rain. It doesn't fire at all, leave it to dry out for an hour or so, try again and it fires up straight away. Obviously the water is getting on to something somehow, but we can't find anything wet, nor any traces of water getting in. It's not just a case of moisture in the air, as it starts 1st time if parked under his car port, just not if it's standing outside, and will run all day in the heaviest rain, if not left standing. He has a carport, his girlfriend doesn't, so it's ruining his love life - LoL.

Car is a Vectra 'B' GSi 2,5 V6 1999

Any ideas or experiences guys?

TIA

At an educated guess it could be water on the ht leads or the coilpack is no longer water proof. Other posibilities, bad earth connection, or water getting into the ecu.

Normally the ht circuit is the most likely cause.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!