Volvo 850 T5

Once again, do some research. Reality and what you think are clearly 2 different things.

In fact, let me help:

(for example)

Bad design may well be to blame for the problems, but there still has to be a physical reason that causes it. In this case it's uneven tyre wear.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hahahahahaahah!

You've just proven that you know jack about this.

I'll type this slowly so you can understand: it made the papers.

What else are you clueless about?

Reply to
DervMan

Obviously you don't.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nothing.

Reply to
Iridium

I love it, according to one poster on that fourm "rolling circumference of the tyres" can cause the diffs/tranfer box to go, I guess turning corners is out of the question then.

Reply to
ThePunisher

No, I'm saying that the cause of the diffs/transfer box failure isn't caused by a few mm worth of tyre.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Date and name of papers then.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Here's a question, what othe car uses the same transfer box that these Volvos use?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Says the gimp with the wanabe sports car.

Reply to
ThePunisher

It's pretty well documented to be the case, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, THAT'S how little you know. Even I can see it.

Reply to
Iridium

Please, a mid engined Clio? what's it got that the 172 hasn't? (apart from RWD)

Reply to
ThePunisher

But if it's true, that it's caused by a difference in the rolling circumference of the tyres, then turning corners would also damage the diffs/transfer box.

Reply to
ThePunisher

60bhp, 80lbs/ft, 1,000cc, rare-ness.

I love the way you've folded on the AWD Volvo argument though :-)

Reply to
Iridium

You've kind of hit the nail on the head there

Of course, the extra 83bhp is handy, too.

Fuckwit.

Reply to
SteveH

Correction, I'd forgotten Dan had the pikey one ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Mmmm... but is it a 'better' car? is it that much faster? does it handle better? is it more fun to drive?

Hey! I don't fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Yup, only 60 extra bhp, not 80 heh. Still, on the upside, at least I can post about my own car, and don't have to resort to talking about my mate Steve's skoda or whatever it was last time.

Reply to
Iridium

I don't have a Skoda :-P

Reply to