VW beetles?

If he gets a car ban, until that is over, he will be pedalling, walking, or taking the bus.

Unless he buys one of those 15mph electric scooters.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Add insult to injury why don't you.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Throw it about on the original wheels flat out, and they will slide, very unpredictably

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Won't help, they also need insurance, MOT, and registration if not being used on private property.

Reply to
John

I thought 15mph on a scooter/bicycle with pedals counted as assisted pushbike, like the old Zikebike?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep: same over here, even the bike is not allowed.

But bike and the small scooter could be considered an acceptable risk ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Or he could find one of those sinclair thingies.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Fantastic fun but not what I would drive on a daily basis unless you play with it. Start with a 1600 engine and fit some 90.5mm pistons (£165) and 044 heads (£130), fit later rear suspension (or from a KG) and a gear box from a 181 "thing" (has a factory LSD) add a decent exhaust (£150). You will also want an aftermarket heater if you plan to run it over winter. I know a few people who do use them for daily commutes (some 50+ miles each way) and they love them. I have only ever driven one car that's more fun at low speeds and that's my "thing" as it has a tendency to go sideways at well under 30mph and rocks and rolls all over the place.

Reply to
Depresion

Where's the insult? I'm offering the man a free car, which will definitely serve him better than the VW Beetle he's considering. It's a good little car if you can stomach the brown interior. He can "sell" the MR2 to a family member and show the court that Micra AND its interior and they'll feel so sorry for him they'll let him off.

Reply to
fishman

Not sure about ones with pedals too, I thought you meant the kids electric scooter type.

Reply to
John

Zike or C5 don't.

Richard (not that a C5 is any real substitute for walking, TBH).

Reply to
RichardK

One of these...

What kinda modifications would be good on that then? Surely someone must do a fibreglass evo bumper bodykit. :D

Reply to
Tom Robinson

slik... buy it now for 300 UKP.

Guess the maker of the Spectrum lost quite some cash on his other inventions.

Spectrum was nice though, spent evenings typing in programs :)

Tom -proud owner of ZX-80,ZX-81 and Spectrum before defecting to CBM-64- De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Hyabusa engine.

Reply to
Depresion

Aero roof top and racing lawn mower with single speed and manual hand lever clutch, or a Honda C90 with 3 speed box and auto clutch.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I like the way you think. You forgot the word turbo. Turbo Hyabusa engine. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Toms snorkel.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Just get a Mini. Could do with a properly made A series engine but I'm not sure if the Datsun Cherry one will fit or if it got improved too much. 8,7m turning circle puts all the current shopper cars with their limo sized 11m turning circles to shame. Sadly they are all rotten to the core just as any flat 4 VW will be.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Is the "Thing" a Kubel type vehicle?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yes. Patty & Selma have one in the Simpsons.

IIRC they didn't retain the hub reduction gears. It's also called a VW Trekker and other names, but Type 181 is about the safest definition you can go with ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK