VW Racing

Saw some VW racing yesterday. The first race was won by a diesel Golf. Race 2 was won by a Golf GTi but the diesel Caddy van which came second was closing in on it.

Go diesels! Or something.

BTW these were well smokey, not like that SEAT BTCC Plato drives. Loads of soot...

Reply to
Abo

Was it the red old style Caddy Van? That dose smoke like mad, it's an old pre PD engine I think. The rules for VWR are a bit odd as well IIRC.

Reply to
Depresion

Heh not that one, the front-runner was one of the new style vans in silver and blue.

The red one was there, I commented to my mate that because of the style of signwriting on it, it looked like a painter & decorators van and he'd probably be using it for work this week...

The rules are odd, there is supposed to be some sort of levelling system employed to even things out so e.g. Polos and Beetles and stuff can compete but I'm not sure what it is

The VWR website is a bit vague but it mentions cars are classed based on power to weight ratios so maybe they employ some sort of ballast?

Reply to
Abo

The Easter bank holibob weekend had that series racing at oulton iirc. It was a mix of rain / hail / snow that weekend. The Deisel caddy won one race and finished on the podium in the other. Twas on World MotorSprout on Sky the other week.

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)