Weekly Top Gear Reminder

Zonda F.

OMG and HFM!

Reply to
Grant

How awesome was that car.

And if you have to ask HFM with a Supercar, you can't afford it :)

As they're showing as well - cheap ones aren't a good idea...

Reply to
DanTXD

No.

Cheap /anything/ sophisticated (witness the Porsche challenge) with zero mechanical sympathy and the automotive knowledge (be it real, or merely put on for the cameras) of a gnat, isn't a good idea.

Any one of those cars demonstrates a need for mechanical sympathy and maintenance. Nothing more, nothing less.

The 928 they killed merely needed hoses and an expansion bottle. For the lack of those, they trashed the engine by insisting on continuing on driving it.

It is one of the few things I despise about TG; the constant stream of ruined cars I would have loved to own and would have maintained (the 928 was especially galling, but the Merak is also annoying).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It was bloody funny though :-D

Reply to
DanTXD

Did anyone else nearly wet themselves laughing when Clarkson's engine finally died?

Reply to
DanTXD

Oh yes.

That was awesome. Especially as it took the brakes with it :-)

Reply to
SteveH

I loved the way Richards door fell apart every time he closed it.

Next week the Bugatti, at MPH05 JC claimed to have had over 240 out of it.

Reply to
Depresion

There is no one who could honestly say, given a free run with a Veyron like he was, that they wouldn't try and see how fast they could go :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Helen McWhatsit was more impressive though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I hope SteveH saw it - he'll be suffering from arterial bleeding just now...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

'twas the same clip I think.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

To be fair, of the 3 cars they bought, only Hammond's Ferrari looked like it was worth saving.

Reply to
SteveH

read on MSN.co.uk that it tops out at 253mph!

at the bottom :-P

Reply to
Vamp

Indeed. Now she really is a legend!

Next weeks episode looks like it could be interesting!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yep, it may have two passat engines but we've all been waiting to see and hear the Bugatti.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

who?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

its fast, but I would rather have this and buy a house with the change.

Theo

I can only assume you know f*ck all about football.

It's pointless even trying to explain.

Reply to
SteveH

*desperately searches for torrent*