weight saving

Just my piss poor spelling Peter,

Lordy will be along to correct spelling and grammar shortly

Reply to
Rob

G40 is 770kg in standard trim :)

Reply to
Rob

That makes my G40 185 ish. :) and I'm aiming for over 240 from another polo.

Reply to
Depresion

They built them at both Mk2 and 3 or 2 and 2 facelift depending on your point of view. The Mk2s had a little more power and were lighter as well, they almost all went to VW employees at Wolfsburg.

Reply to
Depresion

I believe my Sylva is about 600kg - it's very heavy for the type of car it is. Currently has a very mildly tweaked xflow running on a single 45 DCOE. Maybe

85bhp if it's very lucky ? That would be 141.6 bhp / tonne, so that's no good. How about an XE - on carbs they make about 175bhp iirc, so that would be 292bhp / tonne ? Or how about a Hayabusa engine. The car would lose about 50 kg by doing that and with 180bhp the figure would be 327bhp / tonne.

That's more like it :-)

Then there's Cosworth YB power as well - I've seen an example like mine running a 350bhp version. 583bhp / tonne...

Maybe just stick with another xflow...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Mojo? Did you know the owner of the company is a lecture at Derby Uni, IIRC in the media department.

Reply to
Depresion

Nope - Mr Phillips' very first Sylva - the Star. (Although I'm anoraky enough to recognise that mine has a leader front end.)

Just like this one

- my eyes etc...)Although mine is yellow.(Argghhh - my eyes etc x 1000...)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Jesus.

That's one ugly car.

Reply to
SteveH

I couldn't agree with you more. In fact, I can't think of anything uglier - seriously. I just had to buy it...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

That's probably a good thing as we had a couple of R1ots in the workshops not long ago and the welding on them wasn't exactly what I would call good. (Think of a pigeon with digestive problems.)

Reply to
Depresion

Hmm... Lose the bonnet, doors, spare wheel... spray it with salt and let the good old tin-worm do some work for you... chop the roof... a couple of spokes off the steering wheel... rip any parts you can off the dash... and the roof can go...

Reply to
cubastreet

Is it legal to drive on the road without a bonnet? It'd certainly improve cooling.

I suppose, once enough bits drop off, although the car actually gets heavier as it turns to rust..

Reply to
Albert T Cone

if you want to get rid of the bonnet replace it with a sheet of 6mm perspect.

Reply to
aussie bongo