Well, I've put the crate on the bay.

Would have gotten better photos, but Warrington has been Fog bound for a couple of days.

If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it. If it does, I'll blag a banger and be sure I have another couple of mortgage payments as a buffer.

Despite it being a soggy old pudding, it has been reliable and stable and cheap to run, but running it isn't the issue. When I was doing 200 miles a week on the motorway, with no escape route junctions from entry to exit, it was nice having something I was certain wasn't going to break down, for what was then very little money. Now I can't afford that luxury. The cash in the bank is now more important, and I'll have to chance it and spend more time fettling and tuning.

The tosspot who gave me a job but then couldn't promise to start me each month since November has said I will "probably" be starting mid February. But that all relied on two contracts he was confident he was going to get signed at meetings, last week. he hasn't given me any more info since. The tosspot will probably phone the day after my car is sold and want me to start the next day. But if he does, at least it should only be a couple of months of bangering to get through.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Get yourself a nice Mk2 Golf GTi. They're still out there at the moment, but the good ones are beginning to get a bit more expensive. I paid £350 for mine with no MOT or tax, but it's a 2 owner car (last since '91) with £4k worth of bills, does 35 mpg in town, is eligible for classic insurance, is reasonably quick, handles excellently now I've set up the camber / castor / toe and has excellent build quality without needing anything soft - touch. Mine even came with a Sony "active black panel" stereo with 10 disc auto changer.

So far all I've had to do to it apart from replace a couple of tired exhaust rubbers and set the wheel alignment was to re-wire the stereo properly.

I think they're the best thing you can buy for

Reply to
Pete M

Nah, I want something for =A3500-600, two mortgage payments, and some fun tweaking and tinkering. I wouldn't=20 be surprised if my spanners were starting to get rusty in the shed.=20 Haven't touched them in a year.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:The Automatic-Raoul

Reply to
Elder

I thought fairly good, until I went for interview with the Carphone warehouse for their ADSL support.

Turns out I failed the technical competancy test, and but did OK at the interview. Support work was my first thought. But apparently, would have to come in as entry level and nobody wants entry level.

Reply to
Elder

I happen to know that my speed and accuracy of typing, and lousy spelling would mean I would most likely be relegated to post room duties on minimum wage.

Reply to
Elder

1st line... OMG...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I know, but we're paying our lot 15 quid an hour!

Mike P

Reply to
Filthy Sod

Not sure if you mentioned it had electric windows enough. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Not bad for first line - can be a soulless job though unless your considered

1+2.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fluffy dice?

Reply to
Abo

Just pushing the the toys. Last thing I want is a stream of numpty questions of "Does it have X", when I listed it having X too.

Reply to
Elder

Cheap air freshener. And my Estelle got a set of proper large fluffy dice as it's pressie when I passed my test.

Reply to
Elder

Lol it's allowed in an Estelle!

Reply to
Abo

Send us your email again, mine is valid. Can't find yours in all the zillions of old emails I kept. lytham would be a puh but I would do it. Cheadle (stockport) would be good, but Cheadle (staffordshire) would be a bit far.

Reply to
Elder

I failed the interview for a department supervisor's position in retail that I had basically been merrily carrying out (minus the payrise - silly me) for over a year. I decided that the problem was with the interview system and not with me so I quit and vowed never to let it happen again.

I was slightly lucky to land a job with less resposibility, less stress and more money soon afterwards and never looked back, I'm never going to shun retail completely though, supermarkets are easy to get work in IME, and the jobs are very easy to walk out of.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Lol, Cheadle Stockport it is. I've mailed you direct.

Reply to
Abo

Hmm, hasn't arrived yet. Hope my bloody webserver hasn't rejected it. I know it didn't end up in the junk mail becuase I just checked that. Some time spam assasin can be a little bit too ruthless.

Reply to
Elder

Yeah, but old Skoda, large dice, new skoda small token dice freshener.

Reply to
Elder

fluffy dice! in black too ah a man after my own taste (and yeah i have some hehe)

Reply to
Vamp