well sorted Escort Van Turbo

I know the guy thats selling this.. Its awsome.

on Ebay.. currently at £1500 , I think the reserve is about £2500. if anyone wants a megga cheap very very fast motor .. this is the bollox.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Jay

I have corrected your statement.

Steven. Top posting just ta piss ya off y'all.

"Jay" wrote

Reply to
Steven

No. It's an Escort van.

Is your decimal key not working? Should that not be £15.00 and £25.00?

No, it's an E-reg Escort van

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

You'd think if he was putting all that money in he'd have changed the orange indicators and side repeaters...

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Thanks fo rthe constructive critisism and spelling corrections. Yes it is a genuine power output, The entire engine was re-worked. My TVR was on the same Dyno a few weeks after so its reading roughly correct.

Im not profiting from advertising it, just that I know a lot of people here like to tweak their cars .. this one is already tweaked, genuine, straight, rust free and if I didnt already have 4 cars, 2 bikes, a 4x4 and a boat, I would have bid for it myself.

The guy is also selling a Nissan Skyline R34 (Fully Nismo'ed up) too

Reply to
Jay

Maybe so, but how long's it going to last? Note that it's only got 10k on that engine in it's current form - not quite enough for it to go wrong yet.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Let me add my bit, as the others have already done theirs.

eBay is a good place to sell it, as there are seemingly some people there who think this is something really good.

It's still an Mk4 Escort van with a crappy CVH turbo lump stuck in it.

And £2500 for a souped up 15 year old Escort van? Megga cheap??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

150bhp *Off* boost from an engine with nothing other than a few superficial modifications listed ?

iirc the Escort RS was mechanical injection, surely that means the only thing a chip could do is alter the boost level, and power cams will only serve to make things even worse, moving the power further up the rev range.

Reply to
Lordy

Hehe, I like it :)

What has he had done to get the power that high tho ?

Reply to
Lordy

I hate to say it, but that actually looks pretty good !

Reply to
Nom

That's not what it says tho.

It's not 20bhp up from standard tho, 130bhp is the peak figure for an RS

*on* boost, so off boost it would have been doing something like 90bhp as per a normal 1.6 CVH with low compression.

With a cam and a bleed valve ?

Nah...

Reply to
Lordy

...in a "stealth fast van" kind of way, although it's overpriced.

Reply to
Nom