What did you do last weekend?

I saw an MG SV-R with 1800bhp! I took some pics with my phone, I'll put 'em up in a bit.

Reply to
Abo

Seen it at santa pod.

Reply to
fishman

fishman waffled thus:

Seen the size of the turbo?

Reply to
Abo

It was at big bang. Did a huge burnout getting on for 1/2 the strip.

Reply to
Depresion

Something like this?

fishman

fishman waffled thus:

Yep. Look at that turbo! In true 'how fast is it, mister?' style I asked a few questions. The turbo is completely custom made and it running 14 pounds of boost. The guy who owns it reckons it'll give 35 pounds in theory...

Reply to
Abo

Got the Manta MoT'd. Now deciding whether to sell it on or not. Did some DIY plumbing. Got drunk. That's about it really.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

1800 ?

Did the extra 800 come from the stripes on the bonnet ? ;)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

De-rusted, sanded, filled and re-painted the rust on the Merc before putting it on sale. And finally re-fitted the chrome wheel arches and trim components.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Finished uni. Got drunk. Played Xbox. Got drunk. Played Pro Evo. Got drunk. Did something a bit naughty. Got drunk. Did it again. Played the guitar.

Reply to
DanTXD

It's fine at 70 but engine noise gets intrusive when worked hard.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lordy.UK waffled thus:

Lol must be!

Reply to
Abo

So that's about 1 bar then? Not a lot!

Reply to
fishman

It is down to the compressor map though. that is why a lot of cars with replacment turbo run less boost than before they were modified, yet get more performance. Better flow, and more cooler air in= better figures at the wheels, less strain on the engine and less chance of knock. or turn up the boost, and get a hotter charge from more compression, which leads to a bigger intercooler, which can lead to more lag if the pipe work needs to be longer.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You didn't write a song about it did you?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

God no.

Reply to
DanTXD

Not too bad. Most factory turbos only run 7 or so pounds.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hmm the stock Eaton on the Cooper S puts out about 10psi.

Reply to
Depresion

bought a DVD recorder and a 42 inch plasma HD telly and signed up for sky HD not bad for a birthday gift to myself eh :)

Reply to
dojj

bah sod sky HD such a rip! same old bollocks but SLIGHTLY sharper hmm

Reply to
Vamp