What does your boss drive?

I've heard Sleeker's tales about his boss driving some impressive machinery.

I mean the owner, CEO, MD or whoever, come on let's hear it.

The owner of the company I work for drives... a Peugeot 407

Reply to
fishman

MD is currently pootling around in a '95 993 Turbo 911 with a full 959 kit on it

Reply to
Chet

A choice. S55 Carlsson

911 Turbo of some description, although he has twanged that. Ferrari F550 There was Cayenne turbo there somewhere but h got bored aftr a fortnight. The other boss has whatever the local dealer will loan him for a week to test drive. He has been test driving for the last 2 years since AM bought back his DB7 Vantage to avoid legal action over a failed gearbox and he sold his 911 Carerra 4, when he can't get a test drive, he borrows the S55

Engineering and networks director has a Saab 9000 Aero. Creative and programming Director has a Merc C36 AMG Couple of M3's, Diesel Merc 300's, Diesel 5 Series, Pug 406 Coupe V6, another 911 or 2, a Merc ML in sales.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

One of the high up uni people has a Boxster...

Reply to
DanTXD

My boss drives a WRX wagon remarkably similar to my own. Same numberplate and everything. But a change could be in the air.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I dunno if uni people get paid enough for such things though.

Reply to
DanTXD

Can't be that high up, they are only for Women, and Chickens, and those that can't afford a 911.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Lecturers no, cleaners/porters no. Senior Admins etc and above, oh yes. You don't become Doctor this, or Professor that for the title and minimum wage.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah the Vice Chancellor of my uni was on =A3120k

Reply to
fishman

Usual company car toys.

Most interesting one is an Alfa 156 GTA..guys waiting for his F430.

Reply to
T.

Yeah they start from about =A330k so not bank breaking stuff.

Oi, they represent something of a bargain for ~=A330k and by all accounts they drive very well. Used ones start at ~=A310k and had I =A315k on the desk in front of me I'd buy a good second hand one and drive it for a couple of months before selling it for a small profit and go off round the world.

Reply to
fishman

Our MD is slightly more interesting with an Audi A6 2.8 (or 2.6 or summat like that). The other 'D's have Zafira SRi, Zafira DTi, A4 TDi (the new one), a Galaxy 2.3 and a Saab 93TDi. Overall, not very exciting I'm afraid. If you go a bit higher up I know there a women with some sort of SLK, a few blokes with BMWs, but still not very interesting.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Post-Doc grunts like me are on a scale up to ~£30k, lecturers up to about £40k, profs up to ~£70k, V.Chancellors up to ~£loads. Admin scales are broadly similar, but hit a ceiling at about £50k, I think.

So, yes, it's possible for some to have shiny toys. Especially since most academics are total dorks and thus unlikely to be financially hampered by such things as women and babies :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You've changed your tune a little on that one...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

MD at my place has a noble M12 which he's selling as he's just recently got one of these

and from work he drives a new astra estate? madman! :) my boss drives a dull vectra 2.2 ellite but at home has a Merc E class on a

03 plate which is V.nice with it's 19" AMG alloys and 3.2 litre lump.
Reply to
Vamp

No we don't. My boss has a Golf estate and the Vice-Chancellor has a Chrysler Voyager. Wonderfully exotic!

David

Reply to
David Lane

The CEO of Orange (my employer...) has a chauffer driven limo (750iL type I mean, not a stretch) of some description; I've never seen the limo but I've met the chauffer... Can't comment on his personal choice of car.

I don't even know what my immediate boss drives, or my collegues for that matter; I rarely see them...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

If it's a company car it could be a different matter. At our place, grades A,B,C can have what they want. Grades D or below (and to put it into perspective, the Director of Business Customer Service is a grade D) aren't allowed anything over a 3 litre so a few people at our place have company Boxters.

Unless you opt out. I wish I could opt out...

Speaking of which, I get to order my new car on Friday. I hope they haven't changed the rules (new lease company won the tender recently; they start on Friday...) because I've got my eye on a particular make/model...

Reply to

Cheif exec gets paid upwards of 80k, and drives some pug eurobox. 307?

Reply to
doki

A few contractors I used to work with in my last job were like that. They were on silly money and all drove piles of shit to work. 'To save the mileage on my other car' the driver of a 306 Sedan told me once. A bit like my dad; in charge of site safety at a nuclear power station (I call him Homer...) and he drives a Fiat Tipo to work and back.

Mind you, the contractor in charge of the contractors was on (a rumoured) £1200 a day and drove a 911 GT-whatever.

Reply to