What ever happened to......

Stick it up your arse...

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista) Bond

Your mother swims after troopships.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Same as mine, then - mine's a 57 plate T-Spirit. Huge list of toys including an awesome JBL audio system.

Reply to
SteveH

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:37:04 +0100, SteveH boggled us with:

The audio system in it is indeed awesome. The rest of the car is pleasant enough I suppose, it's just not my sort of thing.

Interesting that you had bad experience with the dealer too. My dad was interested in one out in Athens earlier this year, went to the dealer, they pretty much refused to sell him one, citing poor availability of parts and lack of tech knowledge about them in Greece. They pushed him towards an Avensis as well. He said "f*ck that" and went and bought a brand new Merc C180 Kompressor. Then gave up driving 2 months later :-(

Reply to
Mike P

This was last time out:

Booked Castle Combe for 4th December and have done Llandow a few times, as it's very local and very cheap.

Reply to
SteveH

Aw, the inside back wheel is still on the ground. (will a cinq do that?)

Now wait for bloater to say that a small car is no good on a track.

Reply to
Clive George

Not sure - I think it's too softly sprung, even with Apex springs and Bilstein shocks.... might do it when I get the front strut brace on and look at rear bracing options, though.

Oh, and the list of mods:

Apex -40mm springs, Bilstein shocks. Punto 75 cam. Bigger throttle body. Home made induction kit, with a cone filter as big as the engine.... Home-brewed chip from a bloke on the Fiat forum. Clubman-7 bucket seat (narrow fit, designed for a Seven / replica) Momo steering wheel.

Probably the least powerful car on all the days I've been on - but you just don't have to lift or even brake a lot on faster tracks - I often found myself held up by much quicker cars - especially a Civic Type R at Pembrey.

Reply to
SteveH

I upgraded to a Windows 7 machine, have had marriage problems, now have a new career and don't have a Usenet application for my BlackBerry...

But I'm alive. :)

Some days are better than others.

Dervy

Reply to
David Steele

That's s**te - my Golf has been averaging 53mpg overall of late on a mix of stuff, some of which involves a lead foot.

Took it easy when we used it for a holiday recently, and averaged

58mpg - that's with me sitting at 80 etc.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

But but but what about the important stuff? Ie what are you driving?

Reply to
Clive George

Rockwell Hardness of the dash?? : P

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hang in there Dervy. And get an iphone. You can get usenet on it. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Crikey. I'm not switching to windows 7 then. Those are some serious bugs.

Apologies for the flippancy. I hope things sort themselves out.

Reply to
AlbertTCone