What would be a fair price to offer for this?

Bearing in mind the shitty paint and needing roof replacement/repair work.

Something as a second/weekender, not a heavy hammered daily.

Reply to
Elder

Probably about £600, which more than likely won't be enough.

That paint flakiness is caused either by bad repair work or it's been hit with brake fluid in the past.

You could still get a nice one until recently for around £950 but I've not looked at MX5 prices lately.

Reply to
Pete M

Probably left it too late because of the usual "Great for roof down summer fun" season.

Reply to
Elder

Indeed- Jet washing will only lift apint that hasn't been done properly.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Now that's an interesting thought... Combine the two... Tonking down the stage on blues & twos...

"Flat left into 50 right, Sarge"

Reply to
Adrian

Hmm, among the reasons for getting the Cherokee cheap was the fact that the stereo "had a problem and sounds awful". It was a common Jeep problem, tweeters with melted voice coils making a terrible rattling noise. The previous owner thought it was a big problem to remove the dash to get at the tweeters. I replace both units on Friday. Ten minute job to remove the dash trim panel, disconnect both units and plug in new ones better than the Chrysler part. It now sounds extremely good - an Infinity unit with two 8in bass drivers, a sub-bass unit, two mid/high range units in the back doors and the in-dash tweeters. Separate amplifier under the back seat, Jeep's own CD/casette head unit with an iPod in a Griffin dock. The only further mod I think I will make is to fit new supertweeters because the "tweeter" is more like a midrange unit.

Anyway, all fixed for just £22. In fact all the "faults" that led to getting money knocked off have been fixed for a few quid. New gas struts for tailgate and bonnet came to £50 for six. Biggest expense was a new door mirror to replace the badly damamged driver's side unit. The car now looks back in showroom condition.

Reply to
Steve Firth