what would you do with 35k?

RS6 would be a better bet over either of those, especially the M5. Never drove an E55 only a CL55 but i imagine they're much the same.

Reply to
Chet

I'd rather the M5, it looks better. I'd have an RS4 over the RS6 and M5 though. One of the older turbo'd ones with a little 500bhp fettling :-)

Reply to
Iridium

A weeks ago i would've said the M5 over them all, that was before i experienced how disappointing they are! RS4 would be top of my list but a new one is a little more tahn 35k and an old one a little less ;)

Reply to
Chet

I'm assuming that I still have to live the life I have rather than one that can genuinely afford a 35 grand car. Also, I refuse to play ball and only have one car with my 35 grand, so I'm having two.

Sylva Riot R1. because I would sometimes really really want big big revs. (13,750 rpm and decent power of 178bhp in a car weighing under 500kg)

Plus

A BMW 535D because I sometimes would really really want big big torque (413 lb/ft and 281bhp).

I could get both of those on the road and ready to go for £35,000. No problem.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

TBH I'd probably buy more than one car, but if I were to stick to your rules I'd probably get a Caterham 7 Superlight to hoon around.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

gotta be a black one, i've driven a carrera s soft top sounded sweet and went like stink!

Reply to
Vamp

yeah i think 2 cars would be better but having the one choice just makes it harder as you have to get something in between. some interesting answers mind. dan's idea of a TVR isn't a very good one as i did say a car to use everyday and TVR's tend to break every day :)

Reply to
Vamp

You've gotten old and boring man.

Reply to
Iridium

Lancia Delta Integrale. Caged, stripped, seam welded and fixed.

Reply to
Doki

This, with a set of lights,

ThePunisher

I had an ex girlfriend like that.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

CL has too few doors, but I reckon it's a good laugh. Have driving the SL55, the supercharged V8 is awesome.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh yes, it has to be the supercharged one, i think they went NA in 2003ish?

Reply to
Chet

"Vamp" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

Well, the last time I got given £35k, well it was £38k, I took a year out from work and just had fun.

Reply to
Tunku