When did these get this cheap?

Mind you, they're probably very expensive when used on the track.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Suppose id depends on what you're looking at:

I've been past this place many times and always oggled the Integrales there

Reply to
Abo

That seems a little overpriced...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Not for a "dealer edition" - they've stayed around £20-£25k and are unlikely to depreciate much. They're by far the best built Integrales, with the best spec, in a great colour, and they're not Fiat built so they're a lot less likely to rust than the earlier Integrales - despite Fiats attempts at galvanising I've seen a lot of very very rusty Integrales - they always rot along the rear edge of the roof if they're Fiat built. Dealer edition Integrales were made for Lancia dealers to keep for themselves, there are only 180 of 'em in total.

Reply to
Pete M

This guy has three of them. Two are on eBay at the moment, I guess he's keeping the bright yellow one.

Reply to
Abo

Ah, OK. but then again it's probably not a car that you'd want to drive too often. Bit too much of an investment.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Budget about =A32000 a year for maintenance. On a sub =A35000 car that hurts. They do provide an epic driving experience though. Like a Golf GTI on all sorts of illegal substances, where the impossible seems possible, yet actually is, in fact, possible.

Reply to
fishman

Well, the one that I was considering was slightly over 5k but it still hurts...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

If you look on auto trader you will see why it's cheap. The price is highly dependent on mileage, "collectors items" are for looking at and gloating over and NOT FOR USE. It's done 100K miles in 20 years, someone's been using it!

Epic driving experience, what driving experience? I get the impression they are "too good" (fragile and expensive) to use. Of course there's always the once a year epic drive to the MOT test station and back to look forward too, or not if it's dealer owned.

I only have 3 items I've bought to never use. 3 fire extinguishers, one for each car and one for home.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Ah yes, that's another thing you buy with the hope of never using it. Along with insurance.

Reply to
fishman

If I bought a Datsun I'd be hoping to never use it....

Reply to
Pete M

What I was going to say, but with a lot more detail. A very late Evo (2?) Integrale is worth a mint. Much in the same way as a late E30 Evo or 190E Cosworth Evo with the aero pack is worth a fair whack with low miles and good history.

Reply to
Doki