who has £30k spare!

love this!!! wish i could afford it!

Vamp

Wrong colour and I suspect that most of the kit it optical anyway. The NSX is quite capable of speeds of 170 mph and then I prefer that spoilers don't fall off or break.

It's no match for the standard NSX and will be eaten for breakfast by the NSX Mugen ot NSX/R which it tries to emulate.

30k Pounds?! That is going to buy a post 2000 NSX with the (slightly) bigger engine and the 6-speed gearbox! You go ahead and buy that kitted 1991 with a history...

Better safe your cash though: the new NSX is annonced for 2006-07. The (very) good bit is that the Japs are about to abandon the 280 HP-agreement.

The unoffical specs for the next NSX are V10, 500 HP, 1450 kg and costing around 100.000 US. Some pictures are on the net, but nothing's final yett. Anyway, for those on the Ring: keep yer eyes open and yer camera ready. Word is out that Honda is high speed testing.

The NSX at the start of its carreer was squarly aimed (and succesfully too) at the Porsche 911/ Ferrari 348-crowd. The 348 went quickly in retirement, the 964 was really no match for the NSX. Porsche reacted by pumping even higher HP- figures out of their aircooled engine which eventually reached its (thermal) frontier.

Guess Stuttgart is once again worried by the rumour of a 500 HP Honda-built performance car, sporting the name NSX.

Tom -saving pennies ;-) - De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Gordon Murray had an NSX when he was designing the McLaren F1. He modelled the gearshift on the Honda because he said it was the best he had ever felt in his life. He went to incredible lengths to get it just right.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

well i'd have it if i could throw cash away :)

saw some really nice NSX's at JAE can't wait to catch eye on the new one! and the new supra when that arrives too rumoured at being a V10 also!

Reply to
Vamp

Thats nice. If I pooled my credit cards, I could buy it, insure it but I doubt I could fuel it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's only a 3 litre 6. I doubt it's much more thirsty than my WRX.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news:42f55ee9$0$12915$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I think it's bloody hideous, but probably sounds nice.

Reply to
Pete M

Correct: the pre 96 have 3.0l V6 280 HP; for 96 onwards it is 3.2l V6 with the same power.

Max fuel comsumption on the street: 12 l/100km and that's driven fast (fast like 200 kph on roads that alllow it). Max fuel consumption at Spa: 22 l/ 100 km.

Just as comparison: Porsche 928 GTS "normal" street driving 16 l/ 100 km, at Spa 41 l/ 100 km; Ford Sierra Cosworth (410 HP) 14l/100 km streetdriven, 56 l/100 km at Spa.

The NSX is a supercar that can be defined as sensible. Maintenance is regular Honda prices. It never breaks down and refuses to burn a drop of oil.

The only thing that broke on mine were the 3 speakers of the Bose sound system (of that particular speaker there are 3 in the car, they broke all at the same time): a whopping 150 UKP for 1 bloody speaker.

Consumables are normal on the exception of the tires: the Yokohama A022 are specific to the NSX and each corner has his specific tire. Nightflight from Japan if you need them :(

On the positif side (tire-wise): they do the car justice and cornerspeed/ grip is outstanding. 1.05 G at Spa... 1 set of rubber lasts about 10.000 km on the rear/ 15.000km on the front.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

That is actually quite reasonable. Damn. having remortgaged to pay off the cards, I don't think the missus would be happy for me to plunge us back in again.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Why is it £30k ?!?!

There's a Honda main-dealer car with full history and only 60k, on Autotrader right now for just under eighteen grand.

Reply to
Nom

I'd love an NSX, but thats hideous

how about this

Theo

Shite.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

s**te?

lool

better than that stick on jap crap

the moment i turn the key and hear the engine I know I made the right choice, who cares if it handles.... I mean I really dont.

Reply to
Theo

snip

Stick to your guns and to the missus: changing often is the straight way to be out of any money and having hunger.

As to cars: you've got the right attitude and taking one hurdle at the time will get you a NSX or similar in your garage. Best of all: you won't be too old to enjoy it :-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Hi,

Nice Nsx......

I have imported my last three cars from Topspec imports.... what a great company..spont details and specs with good prices....

some one lend me 30k, that NSX would look lovely on my drive

hehehehehe

Reply to
KAKA_555