Who's best/cheapest Luton van rental.

I think that is the biggest I can drive on my post 2000 license, and I'm going to need one for a couple of days for the move out.

Reply to
Elder

Find a small local friendly van hire outfit - they'll beat the chains hands down on price. Just do some ringing around.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

And ferchrissake go to a decent place even if they're a couple of quid more expensive. The local cheapo hire place gave me a Transit connect that IMHO wasn't entire roadworthy (ABS light on, rear tyres near or below the minimum) but utterly filthy, plus a load of attitude when I complained about that.

My preferred local place tends to be a few quid more expensive but they rent out clean vans instead of four-wheeled sheds.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Why not just buy a shit old hearse? (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In Warrington? Adeva.

In Liverpool, probably Practical.

Reply to
Pete M

Cheapest place I found was the local Interlink depot, who hire out LWB LT35s when things are quiet. Worked out at about £80 for a weekend, and the van was in tidy nick. To be honest, ringing around is the best way to find out.

I hope you've got a couple of helpers! Bloody nightmare moving - I've done it more times than I care to remember in the last couple of years and I'm thoroughly sick of it.

Reply to
Doki

Yep, Pete's right. He even directed me to one down here. They were half the price of Thrifty, decent van too.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Every time I've moved I have reduced my posessions. I think I could now fit everything that matters to me in a tea chest. SWMBO on the other hand, needs several tea chests just for shoes.

Reply to
fishman

that's cos you're a man and she isn't.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I know what you mean. We seem to find tonnes of stuff to chuck out every week, mainly stuff that's hungover from when we were both at uni and had 1 of everything each.

Reply to
Doki

Get rid of her and marry a tea chest!

Reply to