Why?

BRM v16 ? I have a few MP3's of it and it sends tingles up my spine :

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Given 500hp, put into a pickup truck and called the Ram SRT10.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

supercharged? i think i heard those, can u send me the files as I dont have them anymore

Reply to
Theo

and in the viper SRT10 and the new GTS (which is sexy as f*ck), I like the way the rocker cover says Viper whatever car its in...

Reply to
Theo

"¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤" wrote

Well it should be more efficient - the flathead design in the diagram shows no exhaust valve!!

Reply to
fishman

"REMUS" wrote

Ahhahaha that is an all time classic!

Reply to
fishman

The fourth page of that is classic. On the new 5.7 Magum lump:

"The engine produces 345 horsepower, and compares very favorably with other gasoline engines in its class."

OK, it's a V8 so you get a good noise and it's got a big capacity, so there's lots of torque right down at low revs. But the 3.2l M3 engine makes

360 horses. It's not exactly something to shout about.
Reply to
Doki

Lol, true. Need I say the exhaust valve is hidden by the inlet valve on the diagram :)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

In news:KLGtd.538$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Doki decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Aye, and the new Fireblade can easily make 210 bhp from 1 litre, but it'd be s**te at pulling a ton of car about.

Whereas the Magnum 5.7 could be in a bloody huge truck, with an M3 on a trailer behind, and not be much slower than unladen.

It's all about delivery. Some piddling little Escrot RS Turbo can be tuned to 250 bhp, but try pulling something with it.

Reply to
Pete M

Yeah, but you like Calibras and therefore have no soul.

One: Chargers are pretty rare as it is. Numbers-matching rarer still. Numbers matching Daytonas... heh. And did you see the pic of underneath?

I'd buy it over almost anything that costs under £100K new.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Ugh. Dodge is MOPAR. Pontiac is the General.

Daytona and Superbird - fundamentally homologation specials, very expensive, very rare and very fast for the time. Fast now, in fact.

Firebird - nasty mass-produced, often V6 GM thing that shares body with the Camaro and chassis with horrors such as the Buick Regal. Not that I wouldn't say no to one, you understand, but to put it in Boy Racer terms, the Daytona is a Ford RS200, the Firebird is an Escort XR3i.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

US Market - engines have different outputs. Can't remember if the way they measure them is different, but the emissions gear... oh god, the emissions gear.

Rental car last year was a Chrysler 300M. Golf-player's cheap bit o' flash, 3.5 24v V6 under the hood. Quicker than the contemporary M3 according to Motor Trend, which only produced 240bhp for the US market, compared to 255 for the 300M.

This year, we're getting "Large SUV". So that is either a Jeep Grand Cherokee, or if the Thrifty/TO Pearson selection is the same as last year, a Lincoln Navigator. Whoohooo! 3-day roadtrip 'cross Canada in something seriously bling. Plus, I got my Clie off eBay so there will be many little pictures snapped and uploaded whenever I find a WiFi signal.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I dunno, spotty teenagers seem to manage somehow. I mean, someone must be shagging all those damned ugly 13-year old chav girls and inspiring those "That must be her sister. That must be her sister" moments.

It says something, when you realise that despite being completely straight, typical 18 year old girls are actively unattractive. Music to avoid watching girls by? I'd say it's just the Borders, but this was Edinburgh with a high student population (har har), and plenty of drop-dead gorgeous Asian, USian, Canadian (you can tell from the accent) girls, but not one cute British one in the lot.

I know there are some, but really, it should be the case that the average 18 year old is attractive. Not the exception.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Lambo developed? cite?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah I read that again after I posted it, and slapped myself in the head.

Reply to
REMUS

It's still basically an American engine hence the huge displacement for relatively bugger all power.

Reply to
Depresion

Yeah, like this baby:

(Which for anyone who's ever looked at
is that car).

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Reply to
jeremy

with satin black flames down the side.

Reply to
jeremy

total measurement of tubing, thick wall being the specification.

potential to be a really nice car, proper paint job and a few things sorting out.

Reply to
Theo