Why didn't low interest rates trigger a real estate boo

Hi,

I am pushing 50 years of age and I remember, quite well, the Japanese stock market boom and the coincident real estate boom. Our Real Estate mania is looking a lot like theirs used to. However, from what I read and observe, this mainia of ours, in the U.S., is fueled by record low interest rates. For years now, probably close to a decade, Japanese interest rates have been close to zero %. Why has this not fueled a real estate/re-finance boom such as is taking place in the U.S ?

Thank You Teece

Reply to
·Teece