Why do criminals smash car windows when it rains?

Yeah. But I guess you need to be reminded again. Is this the second one in a week???

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well, actually, second and third.

We cannot move until November.

Reply to
DervMan

Derv. Seriously. At least move the car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Or sleep in it with a baseball bat.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I thought you lived in York? One of the least pikey places apart from a couple of areas where the smack heads live. Or have you moved to Acomb?

Reply to
James Grabowski

badum - tish

Reply to
shaun

Where are you living again, Johannesburg?

Reply to
Conor

Yes. Acomb.

Reply to
DervMan

Try the local rough pub, you may have more luck. You might even be able to buy it back for a wrap or two...

Reply to
Tom Robinson

I would be too tempted to attempt to damage whoever was selling it, which would lead to all sorts of misery, probably all mine.

Reply to
DervMan

Didn't you know it's reputation before you moved? I used to live in Holgate and some smack head stole my head unit and trashed a lock. I don't understand why York is such a low insurance risk as I've had cars broken into 3 times in 4 years while living there. I used to live in Rochdale (about the highest risk you can get) and never had any break ins but paid 3 times the insurance premium.

Reply to
James Grabowski

Yes. Here, though, it's a combination of pikeys and opportunity. Essentially where we leave the car is a perfect spot for scroats to do their scroat thing.

I'm starting to think it's a carefully massaged reputation for the city as a whole.

Reply to
DervMan

there's a lot of pikey bastards in york, some toss bag tried to nick my parents old cavalier (yes cavalier my dad doesn't do 'cars') and failed only up north would they bother to try and nick a cavalier and a 1.6 without colour coded bumpers too!!! sickens me :)

Reply to
Vamp

Cos it was Thursday night and DRUGS delivery night is Thursday night (some sort of tradition based on GIRO day). Anything they can fence will do, even did my (75 year old) dad's car for his sports bag with swimming gear. One night, 8 cars, £1500 of damage for about £25 of goods (when fenced) and for what?

Peter Hill

Ahhha!

The pattern identified is:

Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Wet.

The solution? Move somewhere less pikey... or catch somebody doing it with the necessary evidence on their person.

Reply to
DervMan

Local radio in Gateshead lists stolen cars. Sometime this century, I nearly crashed from laughing so hard at the report of someone stealing a brown, suffix-X reg Cavalier...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK