I'll keep you all updated.

Reply to
fishman

that's alot of driving.. good luck :)

Reply to
Bigus

Have fun :)

Alistair J Murray

Speaking as someone who hasn't really been keeping up to date... you have a ti now as well ? (clearly the answer is yes, so it's a pretty pointless question actually).

Reply to
LordyUK

Well, it's a Ti, but is it the Ti you're thinking of.

Remember he has a 'thing' for s**te old Wop cars...... or could it be a s**te old Kraut motor?

Reply to
SteveH

How fun, drive fast, and enjoy the many beer varieties on route.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah. And if you've still got that P6, flog it me cheap when you get back :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

What the hell is this? It looks like a weapon:

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

The guitar's a bit dodgy too.

Reply to
Questions

It's a bass guitar. Specifically, a Roland Guitar Synthesizer MIDI guitar - a regular (rather nice) bass with an additional pickup and electronics to drive a bloody great big base unit containing a JX8P synthesizer and some other hardware, hooked up with the worlds most obscure 24-pin cable system.

So in my hands, it's something that Noryega would be terrified of.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Any idea where you can get the 24pin cable and rest of the electronics? My nephew's got a Roland MIDI 6 string. Neck is badly worn were someone has been bending the strings a bit.

Reply to
Peter Hill

And I've just had a look at your retro computing pages. Dude, you have old computers in your kitchen and mandolins(?) just lying around!

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Has he got a Strat copy, "something else" or the dalek's handbag 707? Only, you won't believe this, but when I bought my Kramer I was offered a GR700 base unit and cable for £100. (Cables are expensive). I turned it down as it wasn't mint, and I already have one (which has a small dent) - this one had a similar dent. Worked alright. I'm guessing it's definitely a 24-pin one and not a Roland ready strat with the 13 pin? (24 pin is a massive rectangular connector on the guitar, with the jack beside it)

Bugger to post (it's very heavy, Parcel2Go will do it for £14 but it's the packing that is a PITA), but it's in Coldstream, I'm happy to go grab it if you want it.

Used is the only way you'll find it. I bought the last two new cables from Roland in 2000 or 2001.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

It's only the upstairs kitchen; at the moment it's full of PCs and an Atari STE, plus some Amiga and Mac bits - not as organised as it once was. If I had old computers in the kitchen downstairs I'd probably get nagged to move them.

Mandolins?

I don't have a mandolin...

I don't /think/ I've ever had one.

*confused*

But yeah, the house is kinda chaotic. A lot of the old computers are heading eBayward, like the Apple //c with LCD panel and the '79 Apple ][ Plus.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

It is in this pic. A sort of mandolinny-looking think in the background. Maybe a mini-guitar; I'm clearly no expert lol.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

No idea! It's the phantom guitar. I can only assume it's something to do with my dad; IIRC I had to c - yeah! I remember! It is a mandolin of some sort. I got the 310 from Cambridge and collected it at the same time. Can't remember what was interesting about it.

Richard (eee, that were a fun drive; Hawick to Cambridge to Berkshire to Birmingham and back in one day. Scorpio was pretty reliable with it, too).

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I sold mine to him when I collected the Pug !

Reply to
Nom

Good luck :)

Reply to