Wish me luck...

...as I'm driving back to Blighty from Budapest at 4am.

I _hope_ it's less eventful than my journey here!

I've planned it a lot better and the weather forecast looks OK...

so as the subject says, wish me luck. I'll probably overtake Dervy along the way.

fishman

Erm, Good Luck!!

Reply to
[-=Dan=-]

good luck! if you see dervy try and much up his average MPG by cutting in front and speeding up and slowing down, if the rover will drop to KA speed, not sure my old BMX even goes that slow :)

Reply to
Vamp

Have fun, drive carefully, and remember to take plenty of stops.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Did you make it ?

:D

Reply to
Nom

Yep, sure did.

Budapest to Dunkerque took only 13 hours!

Had the Ti to an indicated 155mph when racing a BMW Z4 on the Autobahn. It had more in it, too but there was so much vibration around from the windscreen wipers bashing up and down I couldn't see properly so had to slow down! A piece of trim around the windscreen is now loose I notice...

The Z4 was a lot faster than I expected, definitely had the legs on the Ti but then I had a boot full of my posessions, plus 16 bottles of wine, "several" cans and bottles of beer etc. The rear of the car looked great sitting low like that, really suited the car with those wheels.

I had a spar with a Porsche Cayenne (normally aspirated) and it only found its legs against the Ti at 120

The brakes proved themselves as I found myself braking from 120 to 60 every time a lorry pulled out in front of me.

The weather was really nice as well and even though I was driving at

100mph+ speed the Ti still managed 300 miles to a tank of petrol!
Reply to
fishman

How many litres is that? At a guess, that's still easily over 20mpg, which on a long drive averaging at least 100mph, isn't bloody bad at all.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I used to get around 30mpg on 100mph on the clock long runs, in the company one I had... not that I gave a shit how many miles per gallon it was doing, given it wasn't my fuel card that took the hammering. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

About 55 - it's standard just-over-£40-fillup size :)

Actually, at current fuel prices, it's probably costing £50 a tank now !

Reply to
Nom