Woohoo, MOT yesterday AM.

Despite me being worried about what might have been a spot of brake line corrosion, and not having time to swap out the surface cracked flexis for the braided ones I've bought, and having a slight play top and bottom to one rear wheel (think it is either drive shaft, or lower arm rose joint), and a couple of chips in the windscreen (at least one I'm sure in the swept area), things that I was aware of, not had time to sort, and was expecting at least an advisory about, if not a fail, it passed.

Not one advisory, nothing. Was complimented on how well it looks, they were impressed at how well it idled with the cone filter and exhaust system, and yet passed emissions easily (unlike the N reg Corolla that was in before me, that needed to be ran arround the block 3 times, and be tested at the fast idel speed to scrape through, mind you, same toyota red, it was almost totally bleached out, had rusty chips, and looked battered).

Now I can get down to some serious fettinling. Getting the wear and tear stuff, and brake lines sorted first. then the front wishbone bushes on, then maybe, think about sorting out a piggyback or standalone plug and play ECU. Something that will sort the fueling properly, at the right fuel for the rev range, instead of just going 100% duty cycle at WOT and max boost like the default Toyota setting (it means it won't go lean under boost, but the car drives like a slug). Was thinking either an SMT7 piggy back, or an AEM Plug'n'Play or Hydra Nemesis. All three will allow me to work as standard to start with, then lose the AFM and work from a decent MAP sensor setup.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar