Worst modded car..... ever!

You are so wrong. That verges on artcar.

Reply to
Elder

Wouldn't be an issue if people used proper newsreaders ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Snort!

BTW, if you put Ebay links in like then you don't get any hassle with crap newsreaders botching the link...

Reply to
PC Paul

Tell you what'd be handy - if eBay actually provided a shorter link in that sort of format at some point on the auction as a simple "copy + paste friendly link" so people could just do the "copy shortcut" on the right click menu on IE (as that's what most people use) to share stuff.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Feel free to mention it to them. They're well known for responding immediately and with full attention to comments from their customers.

Oh, wait...

Reply to
PC Paul

s**te

Reply to
Vamp

Not that old chestnut again. If a link is provided, it makes sense for it to be in a form that is easily accepted by most newsreaders, which is why I always use 'SnipURL' for long addresses. Yours becomes:-

Much better.I don't expect those using OE or any other newsreader that wont accept longaddresses to have to fiddle with a link I provide, so I make it a simple oneclick operation. You may not like it, but OE is still a 'proper newsreader' and one in very common usage. It does everything I want it to do, so why should I change it? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Why should I do that to satisfy users of broken newsreaders?

Because it's broken and doesn't comply with several different usenet standards.

Reply to
SteveH

Or even better - use the nickname function, like I've done here:

Potentially handy should you ever need to give someone a url over the phone as well.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Or even better again, just put arrows round the ends of the link < > style.

Reply to
Iridium

Heretic.

Just because Soup is beyond you ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

So why don't you use one?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Mac.

Reply to
DervMan

You might want to check the machine Doug is posting from.

Reply to
SteveH

To SteveH: only if I were anal enough to care.

Reply to
DervMan

Problem with those is people don't know where that link is actually going to go, and in these malware rife times, it asking for trouble to be reading the likes of usenet and be clicking on people's tinyurl/snipurl posts.

Reply to
Ed Chilada

Use tinyurl and turn "preview" on.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

I daresay the father is dead because the fashion police dragged him off and shot him.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Doesn't solve the problem whatsoever.