Wot I spent my 2k on

Well, a grand actually..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Looks quite clean in the picture... 1.6 or 1.8?

Reply to
Timo on tour

1991 1.6 Eunos, 68k miles (112,000kms). Absolutely clean as a whistle inside and out. No rot at all underneath either. Drives very well. Even came with 8 months MOT and recent receipts for cambelt, idlers, waterpump. 4 recent Pirelli P6000s on it cd/MP3 Sony thing in it, and the A/C still works properly.

Never had a Jap car before bar the Civic V-tec that was a company car. Have to say, I'm really liking it.

Bad points - HKS stainless exhaust with an *enormous* tailpipe, and a nasty gearknob - very thin alloy thing, too thin for my hands. It's like changing gear with the shaft on a normal car.

So, that's me taking the grinder to the tailpipe and buying a new gearknob from mx5mad then..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Ah, ya fecking lunatic. I've just spent all day getting my one ready for you.

Reply to
Pete M

Oh shit sorry man,. I emailed you last Thurs (1.24pm) , didn't get a reply so I presumed you'd flogged it :-( Really sorry Pete.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I replied, at 6:08 pm last Thursday saying I'd put a new MOT on it and fit new speakers. Spent all bloody day giving it a service and claying it. Arrgh.

Anyone want to buy a Eunos? 12 months MOT...

Reply to
Pete M

Just sent you the last email I *received* from you which was on the 23rd around 22:20. I don't know what the hell happened. I'm trying to find out. BTW, if you replied to either of the two I sent you this pm, I aint received it :-(

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Just got it, and replied.

Not to worry. Shame though, mine's got the proper early Jap spec stainless rort-o-matic pipe which sounds feckin' lovely :-p

Reply to
Pete M

Is it still £1200?

Reply to
Doki

Don't buy a gearknob, email me your addy instead - I've got a spare one that's gather dust. Looks like it's off a late 1.8 or a Mk2, but it should do the job.

Email addy works if you remove the obvious spam trap.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Mike, dunno what's going on. E-mail to you @ vocollect? That's the reply address I have. Just got your other e-mither.

Not to worry anyway, you've bought one now.

Reply to
Pete M

Hmm, odd indeed. You're not in any block lists or filters and that's the right address - it must be as it's worked for you before.

yes, but I'd rather not have had waste time for nowt (so far) on my account. Hope you shift it quick!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

They're ace :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Where you get that from? Wanna swap for an SD1? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's been floating about for years. Can't swap, need ££££

Reply to
Pete M

This is being debated over on UKRM.

Why do car forums slate them? - they're a bloody good tyre.

It seems that someone, somewhere, on a car forum said they were s**te and it kind of snowballed from there as no-one wanted to look stupid by disagreeing.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds like a good buy to be fair :-) Has it been like undersealed and stuff when it was imported? If not you should slap some on - in fact, you might want to do it anyway, just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure on the wheels either to be fair either hehe, but if you like them, it's all good! Especially with the new tyres.

Dude, jesus don't cut it! Some chav will pay a fortune for a HKS exhaust on Ebay! And if you haven't noticed yet, check of Timo's post + generous offer of a freebie :-)

Reply to
DanB

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The ones I've had have been shit.

Reply to
Adrian

The last pair I got on the 206 was P6000s and they were great (only ones in stock). Granted the ones before lasted like 5k miles and were utterley without grip, they were 'Ceats' which according to the guy at Kwik-Fit were their own brand. He also apologised for having to make me have them...

Reply to
DanB

ITYM they haven't suited the cars you've used them on.

Probably because it was some heap of French crap set up to use stupidly expensive Michelins ;-)

Reply to
SteveH