¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Bet you his next car is a Chieftain.

Reply to
Taz

AKA "That'll buff right out, Sir".

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

I wonder how a hummer would have taken that!

Ed

Reply to
Ed

lorrys may have got a few dents, hummer would of been still sitting there with maybe a scratch on the bumper, same as any volvo really :)

MR2 would have been fine too, he'd of gone straight under :)

Reply to
Vamp

Vamp ( snipped-for-privacy@none.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But would the truck drivers have noticed? We Need To Know!

Reply to
Adrian

C'mon, you know the lorry driver would have experienced 460g of accelleration...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Ouch! That's all I can say!

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Connolly

I wouldn't be at all surprised if his next car isn't a Subaru

Reply to
Leyland_Leopard

And what car of similar size would you suggest would survive being crushed between two US 18 wheelers ? The fact is the guy is still alive isn't he ? Therefore maybe the car actually did well..

Reply to
Dave Babb

Dave Babb ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you think the car's crash behaviour had ANY effect to the result of that... Look at the shape of the friggin' thing afterwards. No airbags, side impact bars, anti-submarine seat design are going to stop you being killed in *that*. That's not a car. That's landfill.

All that saved his arse was luck. Pure and simple. Bloody Good Luck.

I sincerely hope he got straight out of that wreckage and went straight to the nearest newsagent to buy a lottery ticket...

Reply to
Adrian

Erm, my point exactly, hence I wrote what I wrote!

Reply to
Leyland_Leopard

Might we be having a problem with negative counts here?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

but if he didn't have anti submarining seats he would have had his head neatly lopped off between the 2 trucks ;)

Reply to
dojj

dojj ( snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Are you sure you have that the right way round...?

Anti-sub seats (like all are now) are designed to *stop* him slipping down.

Reply to
Adrian

exactly so he was slipping down when the rig hit him from behind if he was unable to do so he would have been dismembered from the head upwards :)

Reply to
dojj

dojj ( snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, no - because anything and everything recent has seats designed to prevent submarining...

A couple of inches in seating position shouldn't have made any difference.

That's a true one in a million survival. He should be jam.

Reply to
Adrian

Fair comment, sorry!

Reply to
Leyland_Leopard

Well, that and actually seeing the lorry appoaching in his mirror. I suspect he must have been smart enough to throw himself sideways when he realised what was about to happen.

He doesn't actually say that he did this but I can't see any way he could have survived if he had been upright in his seat at the moment of impact. He does say however that he did see the lorry approaching.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie