WTF...

...was that???

Coming out of London tonight on my bike, down the A2 along the stretch heading out past Falconwood etc...

I was passed by what looked like an immaculate 'old skool' Mini Convertible in what looked like pearl white, on an E plate.

However, it didn't sound like a A+ under the bonnet, and it certainly didn't go like it had one under there either - very very rapid!

Can't say I'd be as impressed with the crash protection if it had a smack, mind.

Anyway... anyone know of this beast - it might have even had a bike engine, it was revving high enough and I had to really thrap the CBR to reel it in.

Reply to
JackH

Convertible

100+bhp can be *fairly* easily coaxed out of an A series which can make them pretty quick, although probably not quick enough to give a CBR a run for its money (unless you're particularly heavy :))

The Honda Vtec conversion has been done, i'd imagine that its fairly swift and revvy. Pretty sure theres been an R1 and Hayabusa engined ones too which would be even quicker.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

mate has a dark green rear engined mini using a yanky CVH engine but dunno what it came from, turbo'd though and gets 420bhp, may of seen it at the pod if any of you lot are regulars down there.

Reply to
Vamp

Theres sever busa/R1 engined both front and rear. !.8 VTEC engines amongst others.

crap radid the lot of them :o)

Reply to
Mason

what it came from,

are regulars down there.

1.9CVH from a Mustang/Escort? 420 though? Is he running it on bovine-derived methane?

There's a Swedish (I think) nutcase who has crammed a Rover V8 with Princess tranny into a clubman. FWD, front rad, externally /very/ close to stock.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

CVH engine but dunno what it came from,

CVH would not handle 420BHP.

Thats only an escort engine at the end of the day.

Reply to
Mason

dunno what it came from,

lot are regulars down there.

Theres a British guy who's done it too. Spag i believe he is called. My old housemate is a mini nut who knew him so i used to get updates all the time about it. Last i heard it was all together and working, and handled about as well as a normal mini but went like shit of a shovel.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

- good shit!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You should look for Carl Austin.. afair he has the fastest A Series mini in the world. His current drive is a twin engined jobbie (one front, one rear)

Reply to
Carl Smith