your best free mod????????

It never actually happened, but I nearly had a Nova Hood ornament, when A Nova with blacked out tail lights tried to brake test me, after he over took me in a very dodgy place, then had to slam on to avoid stting in the boot of the car infront of me.

Luckily my brakes work better than his.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

ok guys just sitting thinking how cool my free mod looks on the nova :)

anyone care to share their free mods

btw mines were a pair of the wifes tights over the backlights fooking lovely with a nice matt black finish now :)

Reply to
SkyTech

Set of padgid 8 grove disks far better than the wafer thin remains of the standard disks struggling to think of anything else I got free.

Reply to
Depresion

One of those car cover things, so you can't see what it is ?

You're old enough to be married and you still think a pair of tights stretched over a Nova's lights is "cool".

Reply to
Lordy

worrying isnt it lordy

been on uk rec nigh on 6 years now :)

started out with a nova

now its back to a nova 6 years a wife and 2 kids later

well we'll just ignore the sensible 4 door saloon vectra on the drive :)

only thing thats changed with hte novas is the engines and insurance quotes :)

17yr old 800 yr on a 1400 SR :) 23 and 5 yrs no claims 240 yr on a 2l 16v XE

god bless getting old :)

Reply to
SkyTech

The only thing i think i got free was a 57i kit. Which is nice :)

Reply to
Dan405

I put some of my parents old carpet underlay under the back seat of my peugeot 205 diesel for sound insulation.

Couldn't tell the difference, it was still pretty loud at high speed. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

This: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Doesn't tally up with this: ^^^^^^^^^^

:-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

LOL i was just gonna say that

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

The underlay didn't make any difference. Ah right, sorry, speed is relative you know.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You are of course entirely correct, however, I had it reading 100mph on the speedo a good few times (that must have been about on the ~4500rpm governor, surely). It was quite happy to tootle along at 85. Wasnt as loud as say, a Punto at that speed, loud enough though.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not especially.

On here ? Under what name ?

Ah, not Rob is it ? :)

Probably best, you wouldn't want to admit that as well. (I certainly don't have one there if that's what you were implying btw).

Ok then, insured as a 1400cc maybe.

Reply to
Lordy

You keep it on the road then?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How can I keep what I have not got...

Reply to
Lordy

Best free mod you can do is get your tyre air pressure correct.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That will cost you when the wife finds out you are doing kinky things with her tights. Mate at work says 'kinky' is what the wife wouldn't do.

10 years ago an oik of a student welder though it would be fun to heat up his next door mates oxygen bottle valve. (git should have been hung!) He managed to flow the solder in the low pressure gauge into the flame trap gauze. This meant the bottle showed pressure and oxygen came out of the torch nozzle but it was not possible to show pressure on the low pressure gauge. Basically the gauge was FBU, I acquired it. Punched a hole in the flame trap with a nail, moved the needle to show 15psi, hung it over the steering column, plumbed it on to the manifold. 0 +15 +30psi is -15 0 +15psi boost gauge for free.

I was given 3 dead Amstrad DMP3000 printers. Made one good one. Took the online switch and paper out leds out of the pile of junk that was left over. Un-soldered and turned the leds round to get polarity right. Used ribbon cable off other scrap printer to extend it and plugged it into my engine check connector. One pattern nissan engine check (un)box(ed) for nothing. Has a spare led that I use to monitor VLSD differential oil cooler pump operation. Nissan only put a diff oil temp light on the dash to show when diff had got hot enough to damage VLSD, there is no indication that the cooler is working to prevent it.

Peter Hill

yes lordy tis i Rob

and yes i do get my insurance 240 a year conversion declared highway insurance subject to limited mileage 3k a year

as for the vectra well its a bit better than the previous "sensible car" the mondeo although only just. also got the remains of a punto but thats another story if i get a spare redtop then the lil italian shed will be recieving valver power :)

still got that 620 barge :) next door neighbouts got a pair of 820 turbos :)

Reply to
SkyTech

nope, yours is a dogy antique dealer, david dickinson orange man, 5 door estate version isn't it?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You got rid of it then? Thought you had a V6 Vectra not so long ago.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The key is in that the Vectra being discussed here was a 4 door saloon ;)

Reply to
DanTXD