Zorst fitting

I have sourced a backbox for £cheap for my MX-5.

Don't get excited, its not a mod as such, its the standard backbox off a similar car which has done about 10k. Mine has done quite a lot more than that and makes funny rattling sounds at idle and at 3500rpm.

Anyway. Has anyone got any tips or covenants? The resonance at 3500rpm is kind of cool, but the one at idle is sporadic and pretty embarassing.

The bolts holding the centre section to the backbox on my car appear to be in quite good nick, possibly stainless. However the nuts are not in good condition and made themselves out to be the consistency of oatcakes when a spanner was wafted in their direction.

Tell me I need an angry grinder. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You need an angle grinder :)

FItting and exhaust can be a right pain crawling around on the floor, I gave up years ago and just pay a decent local independant place to do it.

But if your going to have a go, grab a can of plus gas or halfords shock and unlock and give the bolts a squirt. Remember to replace the bolts if there shagged now.

I'm not familiar with the mx-5 but should be fairly straightward, undo, damn bolt is seized, p;lus gas fails, damn, angle man to the rescue, cur shoot I didn;t wait for it to spin down and cut the brake line aswell, shoot, exhaust out, new one in bolt up job done :)

Reply to
Peter smith

Ps cheer the angry grinder up a bit and polish it.

Reply to
Peter smith