03 cranks but will not start

My 03 started right up today. Ran for about 10 seconds and died. Had no tools or time but I unscrewed the plastic cap on the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. No fuel pressure. Here is my question. Does the passive alarm disable the pump? Never paid attention before, but when I was trying to start it the "theft" light was on solid while it cranked. Is this normal? I read through the manual and could not find much about the anti-theft system. It did say something about having another key near the ignition switch, so I took my other Ford PATS key out of my pocket and away from the car. Didn't help. I'll try jumping the fuel pump relay and see if the pump pumps. I think it's something to do with the alarm. As I was fishing for the key to the garage I accidentally hit the panic button. Drawing at straws here but that's all that was different?? When I lock or unlock the door with the remote the horn beeps three times.

Al

Reply to
Big Al