'03 Mustang's bad rating

Consumer Report has the '03 Mustang listed in their "Used cars to avoid" catagory. Any idea why? I'm looking for a car for my daughter and was wondering.

Reply to
John

CR doesn't use proper data gathering so what they have is highly suspect for any vehicle.

That said, shopping for a used mustang is different than shopping for a used honda or other toastermobile because there is a higher likelyhood that the previous owner beat the snot out of it. Take the necesscary steps to check out the car and you should be fine. It's the same stuff for any used car, but those who don't do it are more likely to get a bad car if they buy a mustang,camaro,vette, or any other kind of car that has likely been modified or beaten up by the owner and through no fault of it's own.

Reply to
Brent P

Reply to
Gill