'05 Mustang Info

Some good reading on the '05 Mustang:

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

This link came to me today from Ford Canada.

Richard

Ford USA Site:

Michael Hanson

When I first saw the photos, I was hoping that the large rear logo covered a central rear fuel filler, but I see that's not the case. Too bad... I always liked central fillers and wonder why they died.

Reply to
Scudder

what happened to the convertible?

Reply to
BuzrBtrCrd

I'll bet it has to do with safety in a rear-impact collision.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Stupid question: some of the pics have the extra set of headlights on the grill, some don't.

Are these foglights, optional lights, or are some pics concept and some pics production?

Reply to
Mitch

I am almost positive that these foglights you are seeint are a GT-Only option.

The same as with the original Stangs.

Reply to
Erimikos

I think that the GT has the driving lights in the grill and the 6 cylinder does not.

Dennis Black 03 GT

Reply to
Dennis

That's the deal. Grill lights on the GT (perhaps optional, who knows?), none on the V6.

I'll be curious to see if Ford puts *real* driving lights in the grill, instead of the all-too-prevalent and completely ineffective cosmetic "foggy" lights... It's a great spot for driving lights, but not good for fogs.

I still like the nice, clean looks of the V6's exterior better. ;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I think that I am going to have to wait to see it in the showroom or on the lot. I can't make up my mind whether or not I like it. I see some pictures and it looks pretty nice then I see others and it looks similar to so many of the Japanese and Japanese look alike cars that you see everywhere. From the front the GT certainly looks different but from the side? Dennis Black 03 GT

Reply to
Dennis

I love imports and I love American classics. The new Mustang looks more to me like an American classic than anything else. This car would look righteous wearing classic chrome wheels, and this car needs an exhaust you can feel! I can't say the same for any import. The only import connection I see (though I need to verify this in person) is a tight fit-n-finish and seemingly very nice interior materials and ergonomics.

It's a freggin' dream come true, at least from the pics I've seen! My guess is that many import owners / lovers are going to give the Mustang a second look.

BTW, I also noticed a positive attitude in the import community regarding the Corvette with the C5. Me thinks the C6 is going to knock their socks off! Maybe that car IS looking a little Japanese though.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales