'05 woes & rumors

had time to surf some sites yesterday - DON"T want to give legs to rumors, but wonder if anyone has any SOLID info on these:

seems a fact: they finally started making converts last week (on the

14th or 17th).....have seen all kinds of dates other places like AutomotiveNews that said Jan 16th, then 31st would be it, but guess they're finally building with something like a 12,000 order backlog. So, what was the problem?

unsubstantiated from a variety of sites: they are already playing with suspension & spring rates due to ride quality complaints.........there is a "fix" for a front-end "clunk" problem.......problems with some auto tranies.....

hmmm......just how long do you wait to get one that's "right"?. (or the corollary: how bad could they possibly be?)

Reply to
I'm xxxchangeit

Not sure if its true, but it wouldnt shock me. Thats why I'm impatiently waiting for the 06. I made the mistake of buying the 350Z when it first came out, and man was it a PITA with all the little gremlins that always pop up in a brand new design. Usually if you wait till the second year, its refined and pretty much as good as its gonna be.

Reply to
japhar81

I've seen nothing about any of this - only the glowing reviews from the major magazines. Can you point me to any of these sites that discuss these problems?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

never ever buy anything first year, I don't care if it's made by who ever never ever buy first year.. it isn't worth the trouble Defiant

1971 Pontiac Firebird 400 1973 Camaro LT 1992 Ford Mustang LX V-8 convertible (sold) 1995 Chevy Silverado Pickup 2001 Chevy Silverado Pickup 2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 H.O. 4X4 2002 Honda Rancher 350 4X4 2003 Kawasaki KFX400
Reply to
Defiant