'06 Mustang Colors

OK, I have what I thought was a simple question, but none of the dealers that I talked to, nor the Ford 800 number can answer it. So hopefully someone out in Cyberland can.

I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Convertible, and I'm currently doing research on which options, colors, etc., that I want. I'm interested in getting the Redfire exterior. I'm also interested in getting the package with the red leather seats. My question is, what shade of red are the seats? Are they a darker red, like the Redfire exterior, or are they a brighter red, like the Torch Red exterior?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ken Zwyers

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

I, like you was concerned with the "clash" of colors between the redfire and the "upgrade" red leather seat color. On my '05 GT, I finally decided to go with the "light graphite" (light gray) interior. I'm glad I did. Color is definitely a matter of personal choice, however, in my opinion, the dark charcoal seats with the "off color" red leather inserts just don't look right in the Mustang. As I said, it's definitely a matter of choice. Something else to consider in addition to color is the "two tone" color scheme, if you get the "red seats" the rest of the interior is dark charcoal That color "splash" seems (again in my opinion), to make the interior too busy.

Buy what you want, if the question you're asking is, "Do the red seats match the redfire exterior color?" then the answer is, no, they are a brighter red. But, again, it's a matter of personal choice, I saw the option on a 2005 coupe and I'm glad I chose the gray. But, I'm sure if you ask the guy who bought that one from the dealer, I'll bet he would say he likes it better than my interior.

Whatever you choose, I hope you're as thrilled with the color as I'm sure you'll be with the performance

John

Reply to
nobody

I saw one at the dealership a few weeks ago. The interior color was bright, like the torch red. Personally, I though it was Butt Ugly.

Reply to
.boB

If your questions is are the seats & exterior the same color, then they answer is no. Well that is according to my eyes. Your eyes may perceive something different. You also have to remember that it is not the entire interior that is red, just the seats. To me this sets up an immediate clash with the rest of the interior.

Color combination is always 100% a personal choice. What you like is what you like. I highly suggest that if you are doing research that you head down to your local dealer(s) and checkout one for yourself. If you like it, you like it. If not, then you have good taste :)

Reply to
Zombywoof

As mentioned in my original question, I have gone to the dealers - they didn't have any in stock, and couldn't answer the question. Neither could Ford's 800 number.

That said, thanks very much, John, .boB, and Zombywoof, for your help. Looks like you may have helped me avoid making a big mistake in color schemes.

P.S., no, I have no taste when it comes to color schemes (thank God my wife does!). I'm like a little kid - I love bright colors! Hence the need for your help. Thanks again.

Ken Zwyers

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

Your Welcome.

I love bright colors as well, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Reply to
Zombywoof

I think the Black Mustang with the red and black interior would look hot hot hot.. it would be a real jaw dropper.

Kate

[...]

: > December 9, 2005 (CNN) While interviewing an anonymous : > US Special Forces soldier, a Reuters News agent asked : > the soldier what he felt when sniping members of Al Quaeda : > in Afghanistan. : >

: > The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil." (Possible Urban Legend) : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I test drove a black convertible the other day with the red/black interior upgrade. The seats and door panel inserts were red with the rest being black. It actually looked good on the black body. The color was brighter like the torch red. I did notice when doing a special order you could only get the red interior accent package with a select few exterior colors.

-DCH

Reply to
DC Hunt