'06 Mustang Colors, Part II

OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.

I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how they like them?

Thanks again for your help!

Ken Zwyers

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

I have a coupe. The seats do not get overly hot. They're leather, not plastic. With the top down, the seats will get hot, in the sunshine, no matter what color they are. I'd try to keep them from being exposed to much direct sunlight.

Having had a convertible once (not a Mustang), I'd never have another one. But, each to his own.

-- 'Til next time,

John H

****************************************** ***** Have a Spectacular Day! ***** ******************************************
Reply to
JohnH

Hotter than a two dollar pistol. Leather gets hot - period. Black will be that much hotter. I had tan ones and they were bad. I ahve grey ones in my Libby and they are better than the tan was. Hell these are heated even but there is a simple solution. Keep a towel neatly folded up behind each seat on the floorboard. When it's too hot, grab the towel and toss it over the seat. The towels come in handy when you need to protect your trunk, carpet or seats from other potential hazards too, like muddy feet or that plant you bought or whatever. You can get nice black towels at Bed Bath and Beyond. Easy to wash and then they go right back where they were.

Worked great for me for years.

Kate

2O|||||||O5 Liberty Limited With a lot fewer mods on it now than it will have in six months.
Reply to
KJ.Kate

OH! One other note. Ford has a reputation for not having the best leather. My experience was pretty much the same. It ages quickly and looks pretty rough after about four years. Black will be worse because of the heat it absorbs.

You REALLY ought to go find a used Mustang with leather seats and ahve a look at them. It's not a pretty sight. At least with black you will have the option of dying things that go bad, unlike the tan.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Ken,

A lot of the "hot" depends on where you live. I live in South Louisiana, and during the summer, it gets "blue blazes hot" here almost every day, a white car with white interior would "roast" you on the way home if it was parked in the sun. My previous 'Stang was redfire with dark charcoal leather interior, it was MISERABLY HOT. My current one has the Light gray interior. I'm not sure there is much difference in temperature, I guess anything above 200 feels about the same

If you're "up north" then the black/drak gray interior probalbly would be OK, down here or out west in the desert, well, that's another story all together.

Then again, I know people who "insist" on driving a black car with black interior, they "endure" because it's what they want to do. Get what you want, as long as you're "thrilled" with it and enjoy it, the difference in "seat temperature" won't make much difference. And then... When you get ready for a new one, hmmmm..... The "hot seats" will be a deciding factor and get you into the "new car smell" (which can be hazardous if you're an OLD FART) LOL

Hope you enjoy your new pony when you get it :)

John

Reply to
nobody

Thanks to everyone for your help. Well, looks like I have some decisions to make. I live in the Chicago area, but the sun can still beat down pretty well during the summer. I think my best bet is to go to a few dealerships, see some leather and some cloth seats, then decide which I like best, all things considered. If I prefer the leather seats, I'll go with the GT Premium, otherwise I'll go with the GT Deluxe. I'm replacing the stereo with an XM compatible one, so the stereo isn't all that big a factor to me, anyway.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

The leather in my '97 is just fine except for the drivers seat, which shows wear that is probably acceptable for the milage. What did occur though is the foam inside the left bolster started braking down and the leather wore against the frame. I caught it in time and reinforced it from behind and filled in the bolster with additional foam. It's impossible to tell anything was done without removing the seat and looking inside, but without that action it would have quickly gotten very bad.

Reply to
Brent P

With the height of the bolsters, I would think that should be expected. Good Save! It's the bolsers IMO that make the seats so great! I wish that Ford would just use a softer leather.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Ford still isn't offering satellite radio? Wow.. even the dimwits at DC offer satellite.

KJK

: > >OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind. : > >

: > >I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire : > >exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well : with : > >the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the : > >summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know : how : > >they like them? : > >

: > >Thanks again for your help! : > >

: > >Ken Zwyers : > >

: >

: >

[...]

Ford does offer satellite radio, but they're aligned with Sirius. I've been an XM subscriber for over 4 years now, and I prefer to stick with them.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

When I ordered my 2005 loaded F-450, I could not get a CD player that played MP3's, yet it was available on the $12.000 entry level Kids car. Go figure.

I couldn't care less about satellite radio. I will never pay for it. It's just like cable TV and buying coverage for the items you buy. They can only sell it because a bunch of otherwise bright people pay for what they would otherwise get for free...

Reply to
351CJ

Well *I* haven't paid for a damn thing! Mine came with a free one year subscription and I am using it. Chances are good that I will subscribe when my year is up because out here in the middle of the bible belt where people only listen to gospel and old whiney country, I like to listen to things like jazz. old time radio, new country, rock n roll and the comedy that you can only hear on satellite because every other F-ing station here has been so sensored that they don't fart without a Bless You to follow. The local pastors have a very popular talk show that is actually quite funny but still, it is nice to have something from the 'outside world' even if I have to pay for it..

Man, I gotta get the hell outta here.

KJK

: > KJK : >

: > : > >OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind. : > : > >

: > : > >I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the : > Redfire : > : > >exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well : > : with : > : > >the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during : > the : > : > >summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me : > know : > : how : > : > >they like them? : > : > >

: > : > >Thanks again for your help! : > : > >

: > : > >Ken Zwyers : > : > >

: > : >

: > : >

[...]

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It's your choice whether to buy it or not, whatever works for you. However, I'm not paying for anything that I would otherwise get for free. For me, XM has so much more content than I can find on all the AM/FM stations combined in Chicago. Being in my mid-40's, there are no AM/FM stations that play only 60's, 70's or 80's music - without commercials. All the stations in my area combined don't play the diversity of music that XM (and I assume Sirius) have to offer. There are no comedy-only radio stations. There are no all-MLB, or all NASCAR (not my style, but it's very popular), etc. stations. There are no AM/FM stations that I can listen to throughout an entire driving vacation. And certainly not with the clarity of satellite radio.

Like I say, if you don't want the service, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't kid yourself that you can get the same content for free, because you can't. It just might not be worth the price to you. The fact that it is worth it to me doesn't make me less than bright.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

It absolutely is not worth the price to me. Just like paying extra for a warranty that the manufacture should and DID in the past. provide at no additional cost, with their products.

Instead of the sponsors footing the entire bill, now they are getting money from the sponsors and directly from the listeners too. All they have done is repackaged the same old shit, sold it as something new and improved, suckered a bunch of otherwise bright people into paying for what they would otherwise get for free, abracadabra.

It will work just like HBO and Showtime did, sell it as a great improvement, NO COMMERCIALS. Get the mindless cattle hooked, add the commercials back in, raise the rates 6-10% per year, now you have network TV for $60+ per month. Same as TiVo, again no Commercials, fast forward right through them, right, get everyone hooked, what's that? Commercials can't be skipped anymore? Surprised?

Now they have you thinking you can't live with out their content, what a shame. That's a better racket than the $5 a day Starbucks one. I'm glad you feel you are getting a good deal. It is still a rip-off. I don't care what they are selling I can live a happy full life without it.

My point was not that the exact same content was currently available over the air waves for free, it was simply that if nobody was duped into paying for it in the first place, you could get it paid for by the advertisers alone.

I'm glad you think it is worth it, as long as you understand the game, then you know what you are getting, no harm no foul. I suppose you like having toll roads along with paying your road taxes too?

To each his own, enjoy your pay radio.

Reply to
351CJ

"351CJ" wrote in message news:YxgGf.29096$%i3.16851@trnddc02... : : "Ken Zwyers" wrote in message : news:43e98690$ snipped-for-privacy@news.mcleodusa.net... : > It's your choice whether to buy it or not, whatever works for you. : > However, : > I'm not paying for anything that I would otherwise get for free. For me, : > XM : > has so much more content than I can find on all the AM/FM stations : > combined : > in Chicago. Being in my mid-40's, there are no AM/FM stations that play : > only 60's, 70's or 80's music - without commercials. All the stations in : > my : > area combined don't play the diversity of music that XM (and I assume : > Sirius) have to offer. There are no comedy-only radio stations. There : > are : > no all-MLB, or all NASCAR (not my style, but it's very popular), etc. : > stations. There are no AM/FM stations that I can listen to throughout an : > entire driving vacation. And certainly not with the clarity of satellite : > radio. : >

: > Like I say, if you don't want the service, there's nothing wrong with : > that. : > Just don't kid yourself that you can get the same content for free, : > because : > you can't. It just might not be worth the price to you. The fact that it : > is worth it to me doesn't make me less than bright. : : It absolutely is not worth the price to me. Just like paying extra for a : warranty that the manufacture should and DID in the past. provide at no : additional cost, with their products. : : Instead of the sponsors footing the entire bill, now they are getting money : from the sponsors and directly from the listeners too. All they have done : is repackaged the same old shit, sold it as something new and improved, : suckered a bunch of otherwise bright people into paying for what they would : otherwise get for free, abracadabra. : : It will work just like HBO and Showtime did, sell it as a great improvement, : NO COMMERCIALS. Get the mindless cattle hooked, add the commercials back : in, raise the rates 6-10% per year, now you have network TV for $60+ per : month. Same as TiVo, again no Commercials, fast forward right through them, : right, get everyone hooked, what's that? Commercials can't be skipped : anymore? Surprised? : : Now they have you thinking you can't live with out their content, what a : shame. That's a better racket than the $5 a day Starbucks one. I'm glad : you feel you are getting a good deal. It is still a rip-off. I don't care : what they are selling I can live a happy full life without it. : : My point was not that the exact same content was currently available over : the air waves for free, it was simply that if nobody was duped into paying : for it in the first place, you could get it paid for by the advertisers : alone. : : I'm glad you think it is worth it, as long as you understand the game, then : you know what you are getting, no harm no foul. I suppose you like having : toll roads along with paying your road taxes too? : : To each his own, enjoy your pay radio.

You do have some really REALLY good points.

If I had a better selection of radio to listen to here -three stations I think that come in clearly- I wouldn't spend the money. Same thing for television. We only get one station with antenna so fall victim to satellite. Well, then if you have it you may as well go all the way. Same with internet. We only had dialup for two years. I wrote a dozen letters, made as many phone calls and now we have DSL. Again, the price is higher but we get what we want. Not NEED mind you but want.

I seriously agree with you on nearly every point that you made and until moving to this place refused to pay for TV and would have scoffed the idea of paying for radio. If I am ever fortunate enough to move from here I will likely go back to my old ways. Antenna on the roof and free radio.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I agree with most of your points and basically feel the same way myself. However, there are tons of places that radio reception either sucks or there isn't a station worth listening to. In that case I usually revert to listening to CD's.

Personally I like classic rock and I'm fortunate enough to have a really good Radio station in my area that plays that format. I even enjoy some of the Ad's & PSA's. As they let me know about events that are happening in my area.

Now all that being said; if I lived in area with shitty reception or limited selection I might actually subscribe to one of the services. It would be a lot cheaper then buying even one CD a month.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Snippage...

Kate,

Don't check in here as much as I used to but after staying up with the 'Mustang Colors' thread, sumpin' goin on between the lines... are you dissatisfied with the move out of the big CA??? Surely you're not thinking of coming back are you?? Regrets?? I can't believe ANYTHING could be as bad as life out here and the costs to live here...what say ye?? Personally, I'm counting the days (~2 years till retirement) when I can escape...

nohitter in Ventura '98 triple black Cobra 'vert

Reply to
nohitter

Well... not really. There are no ads, therefore the sponsors - whomever they may be - receive no benefit for their sponsorship, if any.

The competitor to satellite radio is over-the-air radio. As long as there are a good number of competitors coming from the over-the-air segment, there won't be any pressure on the sat. radio broadcasters to add in commercials. If commercials were added, customers would leave in droves because the content on the satellite networks would be no different than what you get over the air for free - a condition that doesn't exist today.

Personally, I have a great number or FM radio stations to choose from and I still opted to get a Sirius satellite radio system. The major reason for that was because I can listen to 50-55 minutes of music per hour. Compare that to the measly 20 minutes per hour of the same old rehashed pop songs that are on the FM band, and Sirius starts to look like a great value. The other thing no one has mentioned is the variety you get on the satellite stations. What I listen to today is going to be very different from what I'm going to hear 2 months from now. As for FM, they're still playing the same songlist they had nearly a year ago.

Just my opinion. If you don't want to pay for radio, that's your choice and I can respect that.

Reply to
drsmith

Ken, Don't know about the GT colors, but I have posted some Red 2007 Shelby GT500 convertable interior shots with red seat inserts in the alt.binaries.pictures.drag-racing group for your viewing pleasure.

Reply to
351CJ

Not true. That has not happened with "commercial free" cable TV. Now there are as many commercials as on FREE Network TV, yet cable TV has not suffered from customers leaving in droves, and they still jack up the prices 6-10+ % every year.

Have you gone to a movie theater lately? 15-30 minutes of COMMERCIALS before you get to see the movie you just paid $8+ to see.

Give it a few years, your beloved satellite radio WILL be broadcasting commercials soon enough, and the vast majority of satellite radio subscribers will keep right on paying for it. This is virtually guarantied..

They only get away with what we the consumers put up with and pay for...

Like I said, to each his own, enjoy your pay radio.

Reply to
351CJ