'06 Mustang GT Convertible Windows

I'm hoping that someone can help me out there.

I'm positive that my '06 Mustang GT Convertible had a feature where, if I put the front windows up while the back windows were down, the front windows would go to the top, and then drop down approximately halfway, as a reminder to me that the back windows were open. However, now that the weather is starting to warm up again (Chicago), that feature has stopped working.

I took the car in to take care of the recent recall, and asked them to look at the windows at the same time. When the car was done, they told me that my car didn't have this feature, and showed me a correspondence that they received from their tech people.

I'm positive that my car used to do this, and with my poor short-term memory, I could really use this feature. However, I can't find it documented anywhere. Can some at least verify for me that this feature does exist, and if possible, can anyone point me to any documentation that describes this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

Your 06 will operate just like my 05... Oddly, much of this "hard to find" information starts on about page 49 or your owners manual (imagine that).

The feature you describe is not one that I have seen on mine... The only time the short drop activates is when the door is open.

When raising or lowering the top, all you need to do is push and hold the convertible top button in the appropriate direction... All of the windows will open before the top begins to move...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I understand regarding getting the windows down with the convertible top. My problem is remembering to put the back windows up. Thanks for your response!

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

I do not remember reading about such a feature. My '06 GT convertible has never done this, to my recollection. I'm gonna try it out today.

I know that sometimes, with the top down, when I put a front window up (I know, I know... but the wife does not like all the wind) it reaches the top then reverses and goes all the way down. I think this behaviour is because the window mistakenly sensed an obstruction or something at the top travel and did the safety-reverse thing.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

That's the behavior that I'm talking about. If the back windows are down when you do this, does the front windows go back down about 3/4 of the way? I know that I originally said about halfway, but it's really more like 3/4 of the way. If that's what's happening, it was due to the apparently undocumented feature that I was talking about.

Thanks for responding!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

I checked yesterday and no, my front windows do not go back down (at all) if the rear windows are left down.

Reply to
Larry

Thanks for checking!

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

I don't think you memory is failing you Ken

My 06 convertible does that and has since day one.

With the top up, if the back windows are down, and the door windows too, when you try to raise either of the door windows they only go up 3/4 of the way.

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Gail

And the plot thickens.... something I've never done before is shut the key off whilst rolling the drivers window up.... The top was up at the time. The window was at about 3/4ers and going up. The instant I turned the key off, the window dropped to about the 1/3rd up mark.

Is this what you are looking for?

Given that the windows have the feature, I assume this is a safety margin....

Reply to
Jim Warman

That could be - it was basically that if the back windows were open and I tried to close the front windows, the front windows would bounce back down to about the 1/3rd up mark (as you noticed). It could be that happened if the back windows weren't totally closed. Thanks for the help with this!

Reply to
Ken Zwyers