06 'Pony Package' grill

Guys, & Gals,

I know, I've been away for a while due to work and not having broadband. All is well egain though. I changed jobs last month and am very happy in my new one. Which has a secondary benefit that greatly appeals to me. As in I am no X-Plan eligable. Oh yeah, I've been looking at 06 Mustangs and have have narrowed it down to either a GT Coupe or a V6 Convertible with the Pony Package. As I don't like the gof lights on the GT but love that Pony Package grill as it looks so much like a 69. I'm holding of hoping for 0% to come back in a month or two.

I was told that the Pony grill, with all wiring and switch is available from somewhere for about $400 complete with DVD on how to install it in about 30 mins.

Now my question is, will this grill just be a bolt on replacement for the GT grill as well? I've heard conflicting stories on this. Although I'd to have a ragtop, especially down here in Fla, upgrading my V6 to a V8 is mighty tempting. Especially as I can get factory split spoke wheels for it similar to the ones on my current Mustang. A GT ragtop is not in the cards unfortunately due to finances.

Anybody have any info on the fitment and source for this grill?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Paul

Well Paul,

I don't have any help for you, in your quest for technical information about this.

I will volunteer my take on these new Mustang grills and lights though. I really do like the GT's lights in the grill, and don't like that they are not in the grill on the Shelby GT500. I think the Pony Package lights available for the 6 cylinder cars are too small with too much plastic sticking out around them, that look kinda cheap to me.

I've posted three pictures from this years car show of the different grills at alt.binaries.pictures.drag-racing; For Paul Pony Package lights For Paul GT lights For Paul 2007 Shelby GT500 Grill

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Reply to
351CJ

The GT and V6 grill are different in sizes and are not a simple swap. My understanding is a GT grill needs to be trimmed down to fit in a V6... So I don't think you'ld be able to get the V6 grill to work in the GT... There are however a number of aftermarket grills...perhaps you could find one that's more to your liking...

Personally I agree with you... I prefer the Pony Package grill to the GT grill... Been very tempted to put a PP grill in my 05 V6...

Reply to
John S.

at 13 Mar 2006, John S. [ snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

My local ripoff artist, er car dealer has 05 V6 premium convertibles now for $21500-$22995. Which is quite tempting actually although the choice is limited. But yeah, if I can figure out where to get that grill, I could stick it on there and sell the old one on eBay.

I tried them, but they are not budging on the price, claiming they already take a $4000 loss. I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if they've lowered them some more. There's a nice blue one but it doesn't have the interior upgrade package. Several red ones do, but they have the red leather interior which takes some getting used to. :)

Reply to
Paul

at 13 Mar 2006, John S. [ snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

My local ripoff artist, er car dealer has 05 V6 premium convertibles now for $21500-$22995. Which is quite tempting actually although the choice is limited. But yeah, if I can figure out where to get that grill, I could stick it on there and sell the old one on eBay.

I tried them, but they are not budging on the price, claiming they already take a $4000 loss. I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if they've lowered them some more. There's a nice blue one but it doesn't have the interior upgrade package. Several red ones do, but they have the red leather interior which takes some getting used to. :)

Update: I found the supplier of the 'Pony Package' grill. They also offer a GT type grille for the 05/06 V6 model.

Enjoy

Reply to
Paul

If you don't currently have the PP on the car, you will have to do some wiring if you want the fog lamps to be functional, I think. Especially true if your light switch doesn't have a position to turn them on.

Reply to
drsmith

at 19 Mar 2006, drsmith [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news:dvju75$9g2$ snipped-for-privacy@pyrite.mv.net:

The kit comes with all wiring and switch replacement. As well as a FVD with installation instructions. States about 30 mins work. I'll find out shortly as I just traded my 95 for a 2005 V6 Premium convertible in mineral gray...

Reply to
Paul