07 Mustang Brake Question

I have a 2007 tungsten V-6 convertible and several times this winter have experienced a problem where the engine seems to be idling at a higher than normal speed when I am braking. I have to brake much harder than normal to get the vehicle to stop. At first, it felt like the mat was on top of the accelerator but recently I adjusted the winter mats by cutting off more of the rubber near the accelerator. The problem still exists randomly. Has anybody else experienced this and what was the solution. I will have to take the vehicle back for the air bag software fix and appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls, Ohio

Reply to
Ron (Munroe Falls, Ohio)

hmmm... wild guess here.. since your car's throttle is "drive by wire" I wonder if perhaps something is a bit off and the computer thinks you are constantly pushing on the pedal (hence the higher idle..) You can try resetting by:

1) Turn the key to all the way ON... to the point where you crank, but do NOT crank/start 2) Wait until 5 to 10 seconds, until most of the warning lights go off 3) Slowly depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor. (move your mats if needed) 4) Slowly release the gas pedal 5) Turn key off 6) Wait 7 to 10 seconds and then start car...
Reply to
John S.