1 question and 1 observation...

Hi all. First, my question. Does anyone know if a rear seat delete kit is available to purchase for 87-93 hatchbacks? I seem to recall seeing some way back when my car was more current, but as with most items for these cars it's scarce at best now. Any leads would be appreciated. Next, my observation. I live in a pretty big city (Houston), and as of mid-December I have a job that involves driving around town. As I've been out, I try to notice all the 05 Mustangs on the road I can, and so far I've only seen a few GTs. The vast number are the v6, and I assume part of the reason is cost. Is the GT not selling very well everywhere, or is it just here? Just curious. I happen to like the style, and see a lot of potential in it. As always, thanks for your input on my questions.

Randy

90 GT

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Around here, Washington DC area, the GT's are getting from $2000-$3500 over MSRP, and they can't get them fast enough.

Personally, I love mine!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
John H

Something like this?

Jafo

It's real hard to find a GT here in CT. The dealers are indeed selling the ones they do get in though, most at a markup over MSRP. I've seen maybe a dozen or so at local dealers over the last few months (all of them except one gone now), but just saw my first GT actually on the road last Saturday. Then again, the roads have been crappy here and there's melting snow everywhere, so the folks who bought them must have them in their stables for the winter.

Ford just said they sold over 10,000 Mustangs in January. I didn't see the breakdown of GT versus V6 models, but historically it's been about 70% V6 and 30% GTs. (Ford's marketing segment predicted 68% V6 and 32% GT for the '05 model prior to production)

So I wouldn't assume that GTs are not selling well in Houston just because you haven't seen many. Maybe in the spring you'll see them all come out of hibernation...

I've had a Premium GT on order myself since December, and haven't gotten a build date yet because of the backlog of GT orders. I wish they weren't selling so well so I could get mine!

-Bill J.

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones