10 Reasons to Try PCLinuxOS

PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.

,----[ Quote ] | 1. It's drop dead gorgeous, and very professional looking. | 2. The Beryl/Compiz 3D acceleration effects are terrific--much | better than any other distro I've tried. | 3. The repository has over 5000 packages, and updates are | incredibly prompt, smooth, and easy to do. Synaptic, the GUI | package manager works easily and reliably with the repository's | RPM packages. Dependency issues are usually well handled. All | the development programs and libraries are up to date. | 4. An up to date KDE version (3.5.6). | 5. Bugs, problems, and issues are promptly fixed. | 6. The PCLinuxOS community is positive and helpful. | Documentation is excellent. Support is excellent. | 7. It's quick and snappy. | 8. Everything works. | 9. Its very easy to install ... and ... | 10. It doesn't require the largess and financial backing | of a millionaire to keep it going. `----

http://www.tuxmachines.or

Reply to
schestowitz

This is clearly a shot at ubuntu, but I'd bet the "largess" is only intended to get the ball rolling, with the long-term plan for ubuntu to be self-sufficient, or even profitable.

Reply to
chrisv

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv

wrote >

If all goes well. Certainly RHT is profitable (though a pipsqueak compared to MSFT); there's a market out there.

Followups to COLA exclusively.

Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

It's about time that Roy posted something that was factual. While I can't comment on #2 because I have not tried that stuff, the other

9 are right on the money.

As for #10, it's true. Shuttlecock's money has certainly helped push ubuntu, which is buggy and not as good as PCLinuxOS (IMHO) to the top of distrowatch overall.

Reply to
flatfish+++

Why is it any different? Answer : it isn't. FUD.

No smoother than Ubuntu breed.

Guesswork.

Unlike this NG.

No. Not everything works. Who wrote this? A fanboy?

What does this mean?

Reply to
Damian O'Leary

Yeh but it runs KDE which is only around to make it easier for Wintards like you able to open web browser in Linux.

Cheers.

Reply to
NoStop

It's about time Roy stop trolling and cross posting to a car news group.

Reply to
WindsorFox
Reply to
Roy Schestowitz