'11 Mustang GT clunk heard/felt in steering

I have a 2011 Mustang GT and when I pull into or out of a parking space wit h the steering wheel turned all the way to the right (the wheel is locked), I hear and feel a muffled "clunk" coming from the front of the car...like something is rubbing up there. This has always been there (I've just learne d to not lock the wheel to the right like that).

What is this? Is this something to worry about? The steering is fine otherw ise -- no shimmies, shakes, alignment is good, no noise, or spots on the gr ound up front.

Ken

Reply to
Ken H

I would think it's just that when it turned "all the way to lock" you have forcing the metal "stops" into contact and any movement up and down of the suspension is going to make them rub and make noise of some kind.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The 2011 has electric power assisted steering. No fluid to check.

Reply to
Tater