12v Electic Turbo/Supercharger ??

Total crap. What they are selling is a marine bilge pump. There's a sucker born every minute.

Do the math.

3.8L (V6) = 235 cubic inches. At 4,000 rpm's, that's 470,000 cubic inches per minute.

That's 3264 cubic feet per minute.

Never seen an electric fan that could blow that much air.

Reply to
boB

Well, maybe bilge BLOWER, but a bilge pump would probably do just as much for the performance ! :)

About every few months some buffoon puts these up for sale. Sad thing is that some morons BUY THEM !

I w>

> =7914706070

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I did the math. You appear to be wrong.

235 cubic inches divided by 2 = 117.5 (because only half the cylinder fire on each revolution of the crankshaft)

117.5 ci X 4,000 rpm = 470,000 ci per minute

1728ci in a cubic foot (12 X 12 X 12= 1728)

470,000 ci per minute divided by 1728ci (1 cubic foot)= 272 cubic feet per minute.

Bathroom exhaust fans are typically 50 cfm to 120 cfm.

I do agree that its a pretty lame way to get virtually no increase in power, if any. The motor would probably spin faster without electric power hooked up as the engine could suck more air than it can blow.

| > =7914706070 | >

| Total crap. What they are selling is a marine bilge pump. There's | a sucker born every minute. | | | Do the math. | | 3.8L (V6) = 235 cubic inches. | At 4,000 rpm's, that's 470,000 cubic inches per minute. | | That's 3264 cubic feet per minute. | | Never seen an electric fan that could blow that much air. | | | -- | .boB | 1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged! | 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92 | 1983 GMC Jimmy - Mountain Beater | 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver | 1966 FFR Cobra - Ongoing project |

Reply to
SWG

Yeah, but imagine the POWER you'd have while at idle!! ;-)

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Some people should be shot on principal. Too bad that's illegal.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I wrote him (for sh1ts and giggles) and asked him how it worked and if he could provide Dyno results. :>)

Here's his reply below......

[quote] does 2 things,, first it makes the mixture of fuel to air slightly leaner to make your responce time and power more..and saves you gas as well. from the factory they always set the car to extremely rich fuel curves, which is also why cars in america get such bad gas mileage. [/quote]

LMFAO!!!!

> | > =7914706070

Reply to
Katmandu

LOL! That's rare. He's never replied to my inquires. Could it have been the sarcastic tone of my messages? Hmmm.

I've also written to his past buyers to find out how their new Supercharger worked out. So far, no nibbles there either.

Reply to
JD

Hey guys,

I was looking through the seller's feedback, and you'll never guess what this guy bought on E-bay a little while back:

Someone should e-mail him and ask him if the pills are working!!

Reply to
Frank

LMAO...

Probably trying to get his money back by selling those bilge vent fans....

JS

> > =7914706070

Reply to
JS

Oh he bought those??? I figured he was the seller since he was scamming already.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]