155K For This?

or

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Damn, not if my life depended on it. It's a nice car but.... wonder if sombody typoed?

bill Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust manifolds, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill
**
$155K for a '65 Mustang coupe??? This is either a joke, or there are some very stupid people with huge amounts of disposable income out there.
Reply to
JD Adams

I looked a several of the past items the current high bidder has won and they are small purchases. My guess is some sleazebag has obtained this bidder's login info and has placed an outrageous bid.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote

Yeah, he buys t-shirts. Then BAM he's buying an old mustang for a god awful sum. Plus the seller has never sold or bought anything on eBay ever. No feedback at all and just joined a few days ago. Way too fishy.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Read the description of the auction. This is obviously someone new to eBay and does not understand how it works. Taking advantage of that naivety, some wise-guys are boosting the bidding so that when the auction closes, eBay will send them a huge bill for the transaction.

I know, I know... juvenille.

Steve

But is it worth the 5K they want?

Reply to
Desert Lurker

Strange part is there were THREE ridiculously high bids from three different bidders.

Other weirdnesses about the car:

VIN number says it's supposed to be a 6-cylinder, but it's got a V8 and

5-lug wheels.

Says it's a 1965, and it's got a '65 VIN, but it's got a '66 grille, instrument panel cluster, dash pad, seat covers, quarter panel emblems, and gas cap.

Air cleaner is a later style like from a 302.

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMnetzero.net wrote:

Norman Mankim